News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Summer Warmwater

Started by Big J, July 08, 2011, 12:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Here is a little update and pictures from some warmwater pond and lake outings in July.  Been pretty busy with work and an online class, but still have been about to get out to fish about 3 to 4 times a week.  On the exception of Saturdays, all of my fishing has been done in the evening right before dusk, so I have been throwing a lot of topwater to gills and bass.  I've gotten into some big bream and a lot of bass.  Have yet to catch a bass over two pounds yet this summer, but still hoping I can make it happen soon.  Here are some pictures from the last two or so weeks. 

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This tiny bass made me laugh.

ctchrelz

nice report. good on ya for getting out!

I'm no purist, but that can't be good to lay a fish down on the blacktop. I know the grass is considered bad too as it removes the slime coat, ditto for handling fish with dry hands.

pt

Big J

The bass are just being held down there for a few seconds for a quick picture and are mostly being held in the air except for a small portion that is on the fly rod and ground.  Bass protective coating is a little more resilient then the trouts protective coating.   I know not to stick trout anywhere except the water or in wet hands.  I really doubt that is taking off more slime than using a net.  I probably should be careful about the fish touching the blacktop though, as I know it is probably a little hot and isn't good for the fish.  But I'm sure the fish lived to be caught another day though  8)

diaz dassie

Hell yeah Jacob, let me know when youre back in Roanoke, I mapped out some brookie bluelines of God. -0-

Big J

Quote from: Transylwader on July 08, 2011, 14:20:33 PM
Hell yeah Jacob, let me know when youre back in Roanoke, I mapped out some brookie bluelines of God. -0-

Will do!  I'll be back up there in the fall just in time for some spawning brookies.  And I think I'm going with a group of guys from Va down to Franklin County NC to do a weekend of fishing.  A guy I know has parents that live down in Franklin County and he invited a couple of us down for a weekend of wild trout.  ;D