Mundane fly-fishing forum question

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, January 09, 2021, 19:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

With all this talk and photos of glass rods, I have a question.  The new Hardy sintrix 7'6" 4/5 glass rod I now own – that gift from a friend – appears to be a fine rod.

I asked Big J about a line, but I'll petition the masses.  Anyone have a mid-priced suggestion?  I have not purchased a line since the George Walker Bush era, that I can recall. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Designed for glass rods. But the double taper and learn to roll cast, you old coot.
(Plus you can reverse it later, you cheapscape.)
Doug endorsed.

https://406flylines.com/shop/ols/products/vintage-series-double-taper-our-go-to-floating-line-for-accuracy-and-a-delicate-presentation
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Dougfish on January 09, 2021, 19:10:09 PMDesigned for glass rods. But the double taper and learn to roll cast, you old coot.
(Plus you can reverse it later, you cheapscape.)
Doug endorsed.

https://406flylines.com/shop/ols/products/vintage-series-double-taper-our-go-to-floating-line-for-accuracy-and-a-delicate-presentation

Many, many thanks!  I like this description. 

"To accommodate the vast majority of glass, cane, and other slow action rods available today 406 lines were designed for accuracy and a smooth presentation, not a double hauling "rip your underwear" type cast. If you need a line that you can throw a country mile please look elsewhere. If you want a line that will land where you want without spooking the entire pool then these are for you."

While I have not double hauled since I turned 30 and I have not sported underwear in almost a year, this may be the line for me and the new toy.

PS: Several pair of new and/or used but washed Duluth Trading buck naked underwear to the highest bidder.   No pecker or anal emission stains guaranteed.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon