• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
November 28, 2020, 08:09:31 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2341
Latest: Rock_N_TN
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 150688
Total Topics: 14534
Most Online Today: 501
Most Online Ever: 8245
(January 14, 2020, 00:59:16 AM)
Users Online
Members: 14
Guests: 488
Total: 502

2021 BRFFF Roundup

Started by Onslow, October 22, 2020, 19:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

That whole area was my stompin ground years ago. I quit going down there much cause the fishing got pretty sparse. May be its gotten better, I dunno, but kind of doubt it.

driver

I down, depending on the situation. I know some really good primitive camp site. A couple in the WC drainage. And a couple on the N. Toe drainage.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dee-Vo on October 23, 2020, 14:41:08 PMNice little camping spot on the side of Wilson Creek via the White Rocks Trail. Enjoyed this area. The trail is listed as difficult, but it is no such thing.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

I'm not familiar with that trail name more information is needed you can PM if you don't wanna post it here
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

In light of the fact the Linville Falls campground does not open until mid May, perhaps the best option is  to plan for a Mortimer gathering with the understanding there is a possibility the Thorpes Creek bridge repairs many not be wrapped up by April. If the bridge is not complete, then the B plan will be executed

Plan B would be to cap attendance to about 8 people, meet Friday evening at a roadside primitive camping area to commune/dine after a possible day of fishing, then disperse to wherever Saturday morning.  My intention is to backpack in somewhere Saturday, and stay Saturday night in the backcountry.  This area lends itself to this type of activity. 

There are several great spots where backpacking pairs could slink off to, e.g., Harper Creek Falls, and either fish together, or parallel play on different beats in near proximity for two consecutive days. The fishing may be mediocre, but the scenery, and experience should be satisfying. There are a ton of spots for non backpackers to explore. Some are very remote, inaccessible dark corners, e.g., SF Harpers above Kanawa.

A large one pot meal would make sense for Friday.  We'll discuss deets later.
I'll probably do Saturday morning breakfast (Dutch Oven Mountain Man) for all. Non backpackers could do their own thing Saturday night at the roadside primitive.

Onslow

While the weekend in mind is opening weekend of NC turkey season, I may be open to adjust the date, but I suspect as the season wears on the crowded things will be.  Mother's day is the 9th, and then Memorial is obviously right around the corner. There are not many good options. I don't backpack between Memorial Day, and Labor Day in Carolina. It is too damn hot.

Sedition and Pockets

I'd be interested in catching up with folks if we can do it reasonably safely.

Onslow

October 26, 2020, 19:20:52 PM #21 Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 19:37:11 PM by Onslow
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 23, 2020, 08:08:52 AMI'll attend if it is after Virginia's spring turkey season.  Not interested in fishing in NC, but I would like to camp there.  The last time I camped in NC was back in 1975.

I'd like to visit around a bold campfire with some of you.  Very much like to talk with Yaller; even though we disagree on much, the mental picture I have of him is that of a tough outdoorsman that knows how to survive in the wild.  I want to converse with Ken – fascinated by his choice of words.  I'd like to meet troutrus to see if he/she is really as liberal as I am. I'd like to meet several, those that I may even have met before, but am confused by their forum handles.  I'd like to enjoy Boss's exotic camp supper – that concoction he served years ago at Grindstone.  I'd like to see A-a-ron, Ben, Grayson, Beetle, River, etc. again.  And The Dude would be a welcome surprise for me. 

I'll bring some firewood.  Evening fire must be massive enough to see the eyes of all the rummies, big enough to locate Big J's position for the customary scolding over his wife dressing him and packing his bags, so immense of a fire to see Doug's eyes closed and mouth drooling --- it would be a hoot!

Once this Covid nonsense is somewhat suppressed, perhaps we can stay here in 2022.  I really like this place.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/233975

200 per night, but this is the ideal venue for a larger group. Damn good fishing in the area too!

This outing will be called the Rough Butt Rendezvous.  RB is a name of an area stream.

Woolly Bugger

I've stayed at the Balsam Lodge many times — our TU chapter had an annual deal there, and I strawbossed PFF there
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Sedition and Pockets

Throwing this out, probably not for next year, but maybe 2022.  Would there be any interest in a Low Country, SC summer redfish bash on a flood tide weekend?

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 23, 2020, 22:47:25 PM
Quote from: Dee-Vo on October 23, 2020, 14:41:08 PMNice little camping spot on the side of Wilson Creek via the White Rocks Trail. Enjoyed this area. The trail is listed as difficult, but it is no such thing.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

I'm not familiar with that trail name more information is needed you can PM if you don't wanna post it here

Sent you a PM. Let me know if you need more info.

#CommissionsEarned

+-Recent Topics

unlimited odds and ends by Woolly Bugger
Today at 01:00:15 AM

Unlimited Fly Fishing News and Articles... by Woolly Bugger
November 27, 2020, 09:18:45 AM

Unlimited Salmon/Steelhead News Update... by Sedition and Pockets
November 26, 2020, 10:06:56 AM

Unlimited Everything Everglades.... by Woolly Bugger
November 26, 2020, 09:28:38 AM

Native Tree/Plant Plight by Woolly Bugger
November 26, 2020, 09:05:47 AM