• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
November 28, 2020, 09:04:27 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2341
Latest: Rock_N_TN
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 150689
Total Topics: 14534
Most Online Today: 507
Most Online Ever: 8245
(January 14, 2020, 00:59:16 AM)
Users Online
Members: 13
Guests: 489
Total: 502

2021 BRFFF Roundup

Started by Onslow, October 22, 2020, 19:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

October 22, 2020, 19:34:11 PM Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 19:57:03 PM by Onslow
Seriously considering putting together an outing for the weekend after Easter of 2021.  Lets discuss.

Woolly Bugger

Mortimer is closed right now
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

A primitive option is needed in case things are ugly with Covid. I need to scout out a roadside NF site for a no facility option.

Dougfish

I'll come play if it's not ugly with Covid. If it's ugly, I ain't going far.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? " -Oddball, 1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

rbphoto

I have no idea what springtime will look like, but I'm in.

I prefer primitive, off-the-beaten path locations.

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben<br /><br />"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

Onslow

Quote from: rbphoto on October 23, 2020, 05:39:11 AMI have no idea what springtime will look like, but I'm in.

Did you want to backpack in, or just find a dark corner?

rbphoto

Quote from: Onslow on October 23, 2020, 06:56:33 AM
Quote from: rbphoto on October 23, 2020, 05:39:11 AMI have no idea what springtime will look like, but I'm in.

Did you want to backpack in, or just find a dark corner?

:o  :o  :o

Not certain what you are insinuating . . .

Not afraid of backpacking.

Only afraid of the dark around this bunch of miscreants.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben<br /><br />"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I'll attend if it is after Virginia's spring turkey season.  Not interested in fishing in NC, but I would like to camp there.  The last time I camped in NC was back in 1975.

I'd like to visit around a bold campfire with some of you.  Very much like to talk with Yaller; even though we disagree on much, the mental picture I have of him is that of a tough outdoorsman that knows how to survive in the wild.  I want to converse with Ken – fascinated by his choice of words.  I'd like to meet troutrus to see if he/she is really as liberal as I am. I'd like to meet several, those that I may even have met before, but am confused by their forum handles.  I'd like to enjoy Boss's exotic camp supper – that concoction he served years ago at Grindstone.  I'd like to see A-a-ron, Ben, Grayson, Beetle, River, etc. again.  And The Dude would be a welcome surprise for me. 

I'll bring some firewood.  Evening fire must be massive enough to see the eyes of all the rummies, big enough to locate Big J's position for the customary scolding over his wife dressing him and packing his bags, so immense of a fire to see Doug's eyes closed and mouth drooling --- it would be a hoot!

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Wife is due with our third the beginning of March.  Spring will be iffy at best for me. 
"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." Hemingway

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on October 23, 2020, 08:28:11 AMWife is due with our third the beginning of March.  Spring will be iffy at best for me. 

As I have told all my male friends, those with an itchy unit ---- you can use that thing to piss!!!

Congratulations!!!  3 is good.  I am obsessed w/ odd numbers.

Onslow

Hiner, there are some worthy areas to camp, but do require some hoofing. A night at Harper Creek Falls would be splendid. However, much of the flora int he area is blah until one reaches the 4000' mark. It may be challenging to reconcile all the expectations and objectives of a large crowd.

The main question is simply this, do we want to fish, or do we want to socialize?  In normal circumstances, I would prefer food & fellowship, but Covid could complicate things if campgrounds were to close again, and then there is the risk of transimission. I believe we could group dine provided meals are hot, and one pot.

If it were just Doug, Raymond, and myself, we'd probably would backpack in to Harper Falls, or the confluence of Stackhouse & Wilson, and go from there.

Woolly Bugger

i'm a maybe...  :Dance  :cheers  :drum

fuk this virus..

btw @Onslow peeps that are on mobile don't see the poll.. ...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on October 23, 2020, 08:43:48 AMHiner, there are some worthy areas to camp, but do require some hoofing. A night at Harper Creek Falls would be splendid. However, much of the flora int he area is blah until one reaches the 4000' mark. It may be challenging to reconcile all the expectations and objectives of a large crowd.

The main question is simply this, do we want to fish, or do we want to socialize?  In normal circumstances, I would prefer food & fellowship, but Covid could complicate things if campgrounds were to close again, and then there is the risk of transimission. I believe we could group dine provided meals are hot, and one pot.

If it were just Doug, Raymond, and myself, we'd probably would backpack in to Harper Falls, or the confluence of Stackhouse & Wilson, and go from there.

Believe it or not I find some you interesting.  I'd prefer a mass, primitive campsite, meet those I have not met, and revisit with those that I know – a rendezvous type deal.

Hiking with a Baker and Whelen ain't in the cards for me.

But, I am only one of many that may enjoy such an outing, so it is your gig. 

Keep us posted. And I am sure everyone will monitor the virus.
Peace.

Dee-Vo

October 23, 2020, 14:41:08 PM #13 Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 14:42:53 PM by Dee-Vo
Nice little camping spot on the side of Wilson Creek via the White Rocks Trail. Enjoyed this area. The trail is listed as difficult, but it is no such thing.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

greg

I dint think I have ever met anyone here. Sounds like a good time to do so.

#CommissionsEarned

+-Recent Topics

Movie Thread. by Woolly Bugger
Today at 08:46:05 AM

unlimited odds and ends by Woolly Bugger
Today at 01:00:15 AM

Unlimited Fly Fishing News and Articles... by Woolly Bugger
November 27, 2020, 09:18:45 AM

Unlimited Salmon/Steelhead News Update... by Sedition and Pockets
November 26, 2020, 10:06:56 AM

Unlimited Everything Everglades.... by Woolly Bugger
November 26, 2020, 09:28:38 AM