• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
February 27, 2021, 17:21:57 PM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Beetle's Book and Word Thread

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, March 14, 2017, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutrus

Good stuff. Took me back fifty + years to my introduction to Shad fishing, upriver from where Washington crossed so many moons ago.

You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.

driver

Quote from: troutrus on February 20, 2021, 05:01:25 AMGood stuff. Took me back fifty + years to my introduction to Shad fishing, upriver from where Washington crossed so many moons ago.

You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.

This book is in my top 5 of all time non-fiction. Anything John McPhee is a winner.

Woolly Bugger

February 21, 2021, 09:00:31 AM #332 Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 09:08:31 AM by Woolly Bugger
Rabbit hole...

started with a wiki article on APL programing language --

a  sidebar in the wiki page  had a pic of a IBM Selectric Typewrither typeball for APL. That led me to this...

which lead to this

which led to this...

which happeded to be on sale for $1.99 yesterday!

I'm enjoying the read but I keep picturing Tom Hanks in his many roles as I read his non biographical stories...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

raison d'etat

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Woolly Bugger

All the talk about Raven Fork led me to this interesting history of the Smoky Mountains written by timber "cruiser" Tom Alexander with photos by George Mesa and others. It is proving to be a look back in time — but no so long ago.

You cannot see attachments on this board. 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

#CommissionsEarned