• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
January 20, 2021, 04:48:27 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2341
Latest: Rock_N_TN
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 151498
Total Topics: 14597
Most Online Today: 456
Most Online Ever: 8245
(January 14, 2020, 00:59:16 AM)
Users Online
Members: 18
Guests: 392
Total: 410

Unlimited Fly Fishing News and Articles...

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 01, 2019, 12:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

November 23, 2020, 09:23:47 AM #75 Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 10:17:47 AM by Woolly Bugger
Pandemic Crowds Bring 'Rivergeddon' to Montana's Rivers
As urbanites flock to forests and rivers to escape coronavirus threats, trailheads are cramped with parked cars and fishing on the Madison River is like a Disneyland ride.

Trail head parking nightmare

>>>BOZEMAN, Mont. — The Madison River rushes down out of the snows and springs atop the Yellowstone plateau, a dark blue, rock-studded, world-class fishing stream.

The fishing season is nearly finished, but a season of discontent continues. Throughout the summer and fall, there have been traffic jams on the river, and the number of large fish has declined.

"You're in a flotilla with five boats in front of you and five in back of you," said Carl Hamming, a board member of a local chapter of Trout Unlimited, which wants to limit commercial guides on the river. "It seems like everyone was flocking to Montana this summer," he said.

https://nyti.ms/35VEcyH

Note: If they keep going in that direction the Madison will soon be as crowded as the South Holston! jis say'in
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

>>>The long-whispered-about purchase of the South Fork Lodge in Swan Valley was completed this summer.
Jimmy Kimmel, Oliver White buy South Fork Lodge

Comedian and late night TV host Jimmy Kimmel of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" purchased the famed property on the South Fork of the Snake River in June with partner and well-known guide Oliver White. The lodge is situated on a stunning bend in the South Fork of the Snake River just off U.S. Highway 26.

The purchase price could not be determined but the 25.83-acre property was listed for $7.95 million.

https://www.postregister.com/news/local/jimmy-kimmel-oliver-white-buy-south-fork-lodge/article_41fb1780-887c-53be-a8ab-27fee7df708a.html

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Onslow

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 23, 2020, 09:23:47 AMPandemic Crowds Bring 'Rivergeddon' to Montana's Rivers
As urbanites flock to forests and rivers to escape coronavirus threats, trailheads are cramped with parked cars and fishing on the Madison River is like a Disneyland ride.

Trail head parking nightmare

>>>BOZEMAN, Mont. — The Madison River rushes down out of the snows and springs atop the Yellowstone plateau, a dark blue, rock-studded, world-class fishing stream.

The fishing season is nearly finished, but a season of discontent continues. Throughout the summer and fall, there have been traffic jams on the river, and the number of large fish has declined.

"You're in a flotilla with five boats in front of you and five in back of you," said Carl Hamming, a board member of a local chapter of Trout Unlimited, which wants to limit commercial guides on the river. "It seems like everyone was flocking to Montana this summer," he said.

https://nyti.ms/35VEcyH

Note: If they keep going in that direction the Madison will soon be as crowded as the South Holston! jis say'in

The TV series Yellowstone probably isn't helping either.

Woolly Bugger

The Ernest Hemingway Inshore Collection.

Saltwater bamboo fly rods, reels, stand-up paddle boards, and inshore fishing boats.

Fine inshore saltwater fishing equipment inspired by the man that started it all

https://ernesthemingwayinshore.com/

Fly-Fishing the Ernest Hemingway Way

A new fly-fishing heritage collection inspired by the 'Old Man and the Sea' author's favored gear lets anglers cast lines like the legend

>>> WHEN ERNEST Hemingway's well-worn steamer trunk containing his fly-fishing gear disappeared from a train bound for Sun Valley, Idaho, in 1940, the loss was so crushing that the author never again waded in the shallows. Instead, he concentrated his angling efforts far offshore, catching record-breaking pelagics like sailfish and marlin.

The trunk's disappearance also "shook" the family, said his great-grandson Patrick Hemingway Adams, who is helping launch the Hemingway Inshore Collection of rods, reels, inshore boats and more designed after the old man's heart.

Debuting Dec. 1, the handcrafted 9-weight fly reels ($1,200, ernesthemingwayinshore.com) are machined by Everol, an Italian brand favored by the author for their performance and durability. Each comes in a mahogany box packed in freshly planed wood shavings, smelling the way you'd expect anything "Hemingway" to smell: earthy, warm, woodsy.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fly-fishing-the-ernest-hemingway-way-11606403239

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

>>>Formerly known as Highland Outfitters, Boone's Fly Shop is located on the second floor suite of a refurbished and old antique building at 140 S. Depot St., Highland Outfitters is a full-service company ready to supply all of your fishing gear needs and put you on the water with experienced guides. Some of the prime fly-fishing rivers and streams serviced by the company are found in Linville, Blowing Rock, Banner Elk and Boone as well as the Watauga and the South Holston Rivers in Tennessee.

Owner Alex Dale found success with his Highland Outfitters store originally located in Linville. Then, he started a second business with the Foscoe Fishing Company located on Rte. 105 outside of Boone, which is still in business. Then, when he found out that this prime piece of real estate was open to rent in downtown Boone, he decided to take a leap and move his Highland Outfitters operation to the downtown area where the tourists and potential fly-fishing enthusiasts are thick, especially during the holiday months.

https://www.wataugademocrat.com/fly-fishing-in-the-high-countrys-winter/article_e8af3e6d-53fc-542a-8b9d-24a52a9dc0c3.html

me -There's a season?

+-Recent Topics

Smith River Recon by Woolly Bugger
January 19, 2021, 19:36:05 PM

Gvmt Stimulus Money by Woolly Bugger
January 19, 2021, 17:15:27 PM

Unlimited Salmon/Steelhead News Update... by Woolly Bugger
January 19, 2021, 09:34:46 AM

Corona Virus by itieuglyflies
January 18, 2021, 20:51:34 PM

Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial by Woolly Bugger
January 17, 2021, 10:42:13 AM

Video of the day... by troutrus