• Welcome to Blue Ridge Fly Fishermans Forum. Please login or sign up.
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2328
Latest: Bandit
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 148525
Total Topics: 14367
Most Online Today: 460
Most Online Ever: 8245
(January 14, 2020, 00:59:16 AM)
Users Online
Members: 24
Guests: 435
Total: 459

Unlimited Fly Fishing News and Articles...

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 01, 2019, 12:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

The mandatory 14 day quarantine for out-of-state visitors is having a big impact on some who work in the industry.

>>>Forrester said 90% of his guests come from out of state. With the current mandatory quarantine for out-of-state guests, he said he hasn't received a deposit for a trip since March. He said June, July and August are typically the busiest months of the year for fly fishing.

Forrester said, "A fourteen day quarantine, that's detrimental to us. I've got people coming in here June 1. I've got two groups. Both of them have actually made deposits. Both of them are old clients. If we don't open up before the end of May, they can't come because they invite people. And, then they pay for their airfare. If they don't know by May 15, then most likely, they are going to have to move or cancel."

https://www.kulr8.com/news/mandatory-quarantine-for-out-of-state-visitors-having-big-impact-on-fly-fishing-resort/article_d6ec1b5e-8b9b-11ea-8588-5fe8b9fe3539.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

The March Brown and Grey Fox Mayflies: confusion and mystery

QuoteUp until recently, both flies were classified in the genus Stenonema (March Brown, S. vicarium and Grey Fox, S. fuscum). Then at some point around 1981, W. Patrick McCafferty, professor of entomology at Purdue University, reclassified several members of the Stenonema group of mayflies into a new genus he named Maccaffertium. Not only that, but he also consolidated March Browns and Grey Foxes into one species, Maccaffertium vicarium. He also changed the name of the Light Cahill from Stenonema canadenses to Maccaffertium ithaca! So, from a taxonomic standpoint, the old names are out and the new are in, perhaps a tribute to McCafferty's expertise as an entomologist.

https://riverreporter.com/stories/the-march-brown-and-grey-fox-mayflies-confusion-and-mystery,37386

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Here's how you can catch 20 American shad in just a few hours

>>>As soon as Edwards Dam on the Kennebec River in Augusta was removed in 1999, Willie Grenier of Waterville was among the anglers trying to figure out the new fishery that would result.
Some of his old haunts for brown trout fishing weren't as productive, but other spots — and other species — quickly teemed with fish. Among the fish that flourished: American shad, which were suddenly able to swim into waters that they'd not had access to in more than 100 years.

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/05/28/outdoors/heres-how-you-can-catch-20-american-shad-in-just-a-few-hours/

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Colorado researchers spent decades trying to save disappearing rainbow trout.

Finally, they're making progress. Genetics from Germany and a hardy cross with Gunnison River trout seem to be overcoming a nightmarish parasite that causes deadly whirling disease

https://coloradosun.com/2020/06/04/colorado-rainbow-trout-whirling-disease/

me -There's a season?

+-Recent Topics

Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial by Woolly Bugger
June 05, 2020, 21:08:13 PM

Wish us luck by croaker
June 05, 2020, 18:35:50 PM

BRTU Virtual meeting by Woolly Bugger
June 05, 2020, 07:14:35 AM

Blue Sky, Bows, and Brookies by croaker
June 04, 2020, 22:55:48 PM

Mayo River State Park by troutrus
June 04, 2020, 17:17:33 PM

unlimited it's the water, stupid by Woolly Bugger