• Welcome to Blue Ridge Fly Fishermans Forum. Please login or sign up.
October 20, 2020, 09:20:07 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2337
Latest: Tbird479
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 150257
Total Topics: 14499
Most Online Today: 509
Most Online Ever: 8245
(January 14, 2020, 00:59:16 AM)
Users Online
Members: 21
Guests: 432
Total: 453

unlimited it's the water, stupid

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 04, 2019, 11:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Canadian mining company sues US over Idaho water pollution

>>>BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A Canadian company seeking U.S. approval for three open-pit gold mines in central Idaho is suing the U.S. government, contending U.S. officials are allowing water pollution at the already heavily mined site in violation of environmental laws.

British Columbia-based Midas Gold filed the lawsuit Tuesday in U.S. District Court against the U.S. Forest Service under the Clean Water Act's citizen enforcement provision. The area contains important salmon habitat that the company says it will restore if allowed to mine.

Midas Gold, which has yet to do any mining in the area but has claims, is itself being sued by the Nez Perce Tribe over the same pollution caused by past mining companies.

https://www.thehour.com/news/article/Canadian-mining-company-sues-US-over-Idaho-water-15496270.php

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Environmental groups push for removing Colorado River dam

>>>Environmental groups that have long pushed to bring down a huge Colorado River dam along the Arizona-Utah border are suing the federal government.

They say in a lawsuit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Arizona that the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation ignored climate science when approving a 20-year operating plan for Glen Canyon Dam. The dam holds back Lake Powell, one of the largest man-made reservoirs in the country.

https://kutv.com/news/local/environmental-groups-push-for-removing-colorado-river-dam

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Mexican farmers occupy dam to stop water payments to the United States

>>>MEXICO CITY — For 75 years, through tensions and disputes over immigration, narcotrafficking and trade, Mexico and the United States have sent each other billions of gallons of water annually to irrigate farms along the border under a treaty signed during World War II.

But today, the 1944 agreement is facing increasingly violent opposition in drought-parched Chihuahua state, where protesters have seized control of a major dam to dramatize the plight of farmers whose cotton, tomato and pecan crops, they say, depend on the water that's being sent north.

Unrest has simmered for months over U.S. demands that Mexico pay off a shortfall of more than 100 billion gallons by Oct. 24 to meet its five-year water delivery quota. Local farmers say the extra payments are emptying dams that store water they need.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/us-mexico-water-dam-farm-protest/2020/09/13/dddb85e8-f3bb-11ea-999c-67ff7bf6a9d2_story.html

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Feds issue red flag warning on lakes Powell and Mead

>>>Risk of severe water shortages in the seven-state Colorado River Basin have risen dramatically since April with new forecasts indicating that lakes Powell and Mead could hit crisis levels much sooner than previously expected.

U.S. Bureau of Reclamation Commissioner Brenda Burman said the change in the forecast is noteworthy.

"We're dealing with more uncertainty than we thought," she said during a virtual press conference Tuesday.

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/news/feds-issue-red-flag-warning-on-lakes-powell-and-mead/article_147f869e-fab5-11ea-a797-5b330ea2f596.html

me -There's a season?

#CommissionsEarned

+-Recent Topics

bear season, oh my! by Grannyknot
Today at 08:26:34 AM

Search continues for Asheville man in Shining Rock Wilderness by hcrum87hc
Today at 08:08:19 AM

Sunday Hunting? by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0
Today at 08:00:12 AM

Unlimited bear news by Onslow
October 19, 2020, 16:56:19 PM

Movie Thread. by Woolly Bugger
October 19, 2020, 09:00:15 AM