• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.

+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2321
Latest: Slingflys
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 147682
Total Topics: 14289
Most Online Today: 662
Most Online Ever: 8245
(January 14, 2020, 00:59:16 AM)
Users Online
Members: 20
Guests: 617
Total: 637

Carp unlimited

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 26, 2018, 09:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedition and Pockets

You inspired me to go grub around for some crick donkeys, bossman.  A couple to hand, and tied into two real tanks that found the trouble they were looking for, unfortunately.

Cheers!

Fin

March 15, 2020, 09:29:52 AM #226 Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:53:32 AM by Fin
First target, first cast, first hookup, first to come unbuttoned all within the first few minutes of sneaking down the bank. Despite that setback it was a decent day sinking flies in the murky shallows of this busy carp pond. Five to hand including one tank of 10lbs or more that quickly and efficiently ran me far into my backing. No fear of contracting corona here but a hot shower and judicious scrubbing were in order after mucking about in the shallows of this duck gathering hotspot.

Big J

Quote from: Fin on March 15, 2020, 09:29:52 AMFirst target, first cast, first hookup, first to come unbuttoned all within the first few minutes of sneaking down the bank. Despite that setback it was a decent day sinking flies in the murky shallows of this busy carp pond. Five to hand including one tank of 10lbs or more that quickly and efficiently ran me far into my backing. No fear of contracting corona here but a hot shower and judicious scrubbing were in order after mucking about in the shallows of this duck gathering hotspot.

My phone never rang...............
"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." Hemingway

Fin

Social distancing.   :wave   

Dougfish

You carp shits.
(I might be jelly.)
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? " <br />-Oddball, 1970

Woolly Bugger

The carps are out and about at my pond.  :cheers

made many cast to cruisers and feeders, the ran away...

Finally hooked a mirror and brought it to net, but as I was negotiating its surrender it got tangled up under a limb and it finally broke off as I was trying to coax it back under the obstruction.

V:; 

2020 #1 n!n
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Low light made it difficult to see the few carp that were out on my pond outing for the day! Waiting for clear skies and warm weather to return
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

+-Recent Topics

Corona Virus by Woolly Bugger
Today at 08:46:38 AM

Trees and other things that might excite Mudwall by Onslow
March 28, 2020, 16:28:43 PM

Smith-Continued by Yallerhammer
March 28, 2020, 08:36:39 AM

Brookin' Again Today by Yallerhammer
March 28, 2020, 08:34:35 AM

Video of the day... by Woolly Bugger
March 27, 2020, 08:17:36 AM

Don’t panic by Woolly Bugger