• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
November 28, 2020, 08:15:45 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2341
Latest: Rock_N_TN
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 150688
Total Topics: 14534
Most Online Today: 504
Most Online Ever: 8245
(January 14, 2020, 00:59:16 AM)
Users Online
Members: 15
Guests: 488
Total: 503

Not a TR TR

Started by Big J, March 05, 2018, 09:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

Chainsaw for the big stuff.  Machete for the small stuff. 

That set up grows semen in your coinpurse and increases blood flow to your wanker - no prescription needed.
I was born by the river in a little tent,<br />And just like the river I've been running ever since,<br />It's been a long, long time coming,<br />But I know change is gonna come.

Onslow

An appropriately sized bow saw is worthwhile jangle for backpacking/hiking that involves big fire, or obstruction removal.  One of my old Troop's scouts would carry one.  He always made his own shelters.  Seemed like a good trade-off from my perspective.

Woolly Bugger

November 23, 2020, 21:48:23 PM #62 Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 21:54:34 PM by Woolly Bugger

So there are a lot of reasons that I ended up in Virginia and didn't go fishing despite the fact that I drove into RCC, but I'm not going to talk about that.

I've seen the sign for the I.C. DeHart Memorial Park on every trip and it was about time to check it out.
I drove on in past the bog complete with a short boardwalk and continued on to what appeared to be a trailhead. There is a kiosk with a bunch of bike / hiking trails in a confusing color-coded map as many of the trials share segments.

I opted of the Tree ID trails and Yellow to go down along the creek and then up and over to the cemetery 1.5 miles plus the distance from back to the car from the end of the yellow trail Little Widgeon Creek looked fishy but for the reasons I'm not going to talk about I didn't fish it.

The cemetery is perched up on the hill overlooking most of the park.

For a history of the DeHart family check out this blog.
Those Pre-Pro Whiskey Men!: The DeHarts of Virginia: Moonshine in the Sunshine (pre-prowhiskeymen.blogspot.com)

There is also a small bog with a short boardwalk.

It's an interesting park with a lot of trails. The map indicates where the remnants of the old homesteads are and even a sill. There is plenty to explore here and maybe even fish that little creek. Mountain bike might be the best way to explore most of the park.

find the trail maps here https://www.trailforks.com/region/i-c-dehart-memorial-park-17464/
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

#CommissionsEarned

+-Recent Topics

unlimited odds and ends by Woolly Bugger
Today at 01:00:15 AM

Unlimited Fly Fishing News and Articles... by Woolly Bugger
November 27, 2020, 09:18:45 AM

Unlimited Salmon/Steelhead News Update... by Sedition and Pockets
November 26, 2020, 10:06:56 AM

Unlimited Everything Everglades.... by Woolly Bugger
November 26, 2020, 09:28:38 AM

Native Tree/Plant Plight by Woolly Bugger
November 26, 2020, 09:05:47 AM