• Welcome to Blue Ridge Fly Fishermans Forum. Please login or sign up.
+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
 
 
 
Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2331
Latest: CBarclay
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 149781
Total Topics: 14465
Most Online Today: 441
Most Online Ever: 8245
(January 14, 2020, 00:59:16 AM)
Users Online
Members: 23
Guests: 427
Total: 450

Spinning rods are the future fam

Started by wildmttwalleye, July 14, 2017, 23:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 25, 2017, 07:00:19 AM
Largemouth out of our mountain lakes aren't bad at all, at least early in the year. Not my favorite eating fish, but still taste 10x better than any of that shit fish from the grocery store. I don't see how anybody can eat a ditch tilapia and enjoy it.

I have to agree with Yaller.  LM from the Dominion recreational ponds up the road taste just fine.  It's been awhile since I've eaten a SM, but if I remember correctly, they tasted OK, kind of like a redeye.  Am I correct? 

Tilapia are ok if you blacken the shit out of them.

In fact, I question the palate credibility of some of you elitists, you pretentious peckerwoods.  I doubt if your palates have ever come close to the flesh of some of these fishes.  You never kill anything.
 
Speaking of killing, the Martin takedown recurve is shooting like a dream since I put the fast-flight string on it.  I am ready to kill bambi and/or his mother.  I might even get into bowfishing. 

More killing – a kid in the neighborhood got one of these recently.  He's having a ball with this spear. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

tomato can

we called that a Hawaiian Sling in Hawaii.  and big muddy I have been at some fish fries, eaten red eyes, google eyes, jack, red fin pike, robin, shellcracker, bream, channel cat, mud cat, horse fish, LM bass, SM bass etc.

Dee-Vo

I have eaten largemouth. It was not from a clear lake. It tasted like a warm bowl of Cecil soil. This was not the fish's fault.

driver


Yallerhammer

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 25, 2017, 09:04:21 AM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 25, 2017, 07:00:19 AM
Largemouth out of our mountain lakes aren't bad at all, at least early in the year. Not my favorite eating fish, but still taste 10x better than any of that shit fish from the grocery store. I don't see how anybody can eat a ditch tilapia and enjoy it.

I have to agree with Yaller.  LM from the Dominion recreational ponds up the road taste just fine.  It's been awhile since I've eaten a SM, but if I remember correctly, they tasted OK, kind of like a redeye.  Am I correct? 

Tilapia are ok if you blacken the shit out of them.

In fact, I question the palate credibility of some of you elitists, you pretentious peckerwoods.  I doubt if your palates have ever come close to the flesh of some of these fishes.  You never kill anything.
 
Speaking of killing, the Martin takedown recurve is shooting like a dream since I put the fast-flight string on it.  I am ready to kill bambi and/or his mother.  I might even get into bowfishing. 

More killing – a kid in the neighborhood got one of these recently.  He's having a ball with this spear.

Bowfishing is fun. Especially with old homemade wooden bows. It don't matter if dem invasive Asian bitches won't hit your fly when you gotta bow. :D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 26, 2017, 10:14:32 AM
Bowfishing is fun. Especially with old homemade wooden bows. It don't matter if dem invasive Asian bitches won't hit your fly when you gotta bow. :D

Is that you Yaller?  You made that bow?  What you chewing in that left jaw?  What do you have to smoke in that t pocket? 

I believe I have the same string silencers on my long bow and recurves.  Otter skin?

Good stuff!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 26, 2017, 10:49:10 AM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 26, 2017, 10:14:32 AM
Bowfishing is fun. Especially with old homemade wooden bows. It don't matter if dem invasive Asian bitches won't hit your fly when you gotta bow. :D

Is that you Yaller?  You made that bow?  What you chewing in that left jaw?  What do you have to smoke in that t pocket? 

I believe I have the same string silencers on my long bow and recurves.  Otter skin?

Good stuff!

Yep. Yep. Red Seal fine cut natural. Winston Lights. Beaver.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

Aka

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 26, 2017, 11:57:44 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 26, 2017, 10:49:10 AM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 26, 2017, 10:14:32 AM
Bowfishing is fun. Especially with old homemade wooden bows. It don't matter if dem invasive Asian bitches won't hit your fly when you gotta bow. :D

Is that you Yaller?  You made that bow?  What you chewing in that left jaw?  What do you have to smoke in that t pocket? 

I believe I have the same string silencers on my long bow and recurves.  Otter skin?

Good stuff!

Yep. Yep. Red Seal fine cut natural. Winston Lights. Beaver.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait just a fucking minute there. You mean to say that is you in the aforementioned photograph? 
I knew, without hesitation or prior visual reference, that Mud was old as dirt regardless of his pseudo-salt of the earth, hipster interests and that has been verified but I'll be damned if I hadn't figured you were a few more decades advanced in age than what this picture shows.


Big J

Quote from: Aka on July 26, 2017, 15:12:10 PM


Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait just a fucking minute there. You mean to say that is you in the aforementioned photograph? 
I knew, without hesitation or prior visual reference, that Mud was old as dirt regardless of his pseudo-salt of the earth, hipster interests and that has been verified but I'll be damned if I hadn't figured you were a few more decades advanced in age than what this picture shows.

If what Aaron is saying is "I thought you were a wrinkly old man", then yes, I thought the same thing as him. 
"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." Hemingway

Yallerhammer

LOL. I never said I was old, just a damn curmudgeon. :) I'm older than many of the folks on here, but younger than some of the ones like Mud, who witnessed the Appalachian Orogeny in person and has a SS# of 3. :D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

Dougfish

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 26, 2017, 15:41:45 PM
LOL. I never said I was old, just a damn curmudgeon. :) I'm older than many of the folks on here, but younger than some of the ones like Mud, who witnessed the Appalachian Orogeny in person and has a SS# of 3. :D

Just a pup.  :laugh:   :banana011:
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? " <br />-Oddball, 1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

You see, this is a perfect example of why you need to ask questions, and the correct questions, to learn something. 

I learned much about Yaller from his last few posts under this thread, and I respect him even more now ---even for his selection of the Carhartt t-shirt, IF he had removed the fucking label/tag from the pocket!  I wear the same t-shirts but not until I take a knife and remove the Carhartt brand.  He's a curmudgeon whippersnapper, and still has many years to absorb what is acceptable, so some concession is warranted. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

 He's a curmudgeon whippersnapper, and still has many years to absorb what is acceptable, so some concession is warranted.
[/quote]

Says the man who bought a bass boat
"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." Hemingway

Yallerhammer

I don't have enough hipster in me to give a shit one way or the other about labels-I don't think about them as status symbols, and I also don't care if I'm perpetuating commerciality by having one on my shirt. I buy Carhartt t-shirts because they fit right, they're comfortable, and they last a long time.

I'm not an old withered-up fart, but I'm not a whippersnapper either-come October, I will have been annoying the good inhabitants of this planet for half a century. I'm just an unapologetic hillbilly who grew up too fast on a hillside dirt farm. And I also own an aluminum bass boat. :D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

Yallerhammer

Don't tell Tranny, but I shoot gar, too. And eat them.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff


+-Recent Topics

Brookies galore by Dougfish
Today at 10:19:43 AM

Unlimited Salmon/Steelhead News Update... by Woolly Bugger
Today at 09:47:01 AM

Video of the day... by Dougfish
September 17, 2020, 18:41:08 PM

Corona Virus by troutrus
September 17, 2020, 17:26:03 PM

Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial by troutrus
September 17, 2020, 17:16:07 PM

instagram favorites.... by Woolly Bugger
September 17, 2020, 12:03:56 PM

Damn Dams -- Unlimited dam removal by Woolly Bugger
September 17, 2020, 08:11:56 AM

Carp unlimited by Woolly Bugger
September 16, 2020, 16:29:09 PM

For @driver by Woolly Bugger
September 16, 2020, 10:29:07 AM

Unlimited bear news by Woolly Bugger
September 16, 2020, 09:05:03 AM

Powered by EzPortal
Home Improvement 2020