• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
November 28, 2020, 05:38:53 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

+-+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2341
Latest: Rock_N_TN
New This Month: 4
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 150688
Total Topics: 14534
Most Online Today: 472
Most Online Ever: 8245
(January 14, 2020, 00:59:16 AM)
Users Online
Members: 15
Guests: 453
Total: 468

Unlimited bear news

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 09, 2015, 15:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Bear found scavenging on human remains at GSMNP backcountry campsite

> Hikers found the body at campsite 82 near the Hazel Creek Trail Friday afternoon. The statement said the hikers first saw an unoccupied tent at the campsite and later found the body across a nearby creek, the statement said.

https://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/entertainment/places/great-smoky-mountains-national-park/bear-found-scavenging-on-human-remains-at-gsmnp-backcountry-campsite/51-faf5ac06-0651-4e8d-b5d3-ea7bd1b42173
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

82 is pretty far back there

You cannot see attachments on this board.

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

>>>An investigation is under way, including an autopsy into how 43-year-old Patrick Madura of Elgin, Illinois died.

"We are hopeful that we will learn something as to the cause of death and to the timing of that death," says Sanders.

She says Madura had been camping alone.

https://wlos.com/news/local/bear-euthanized-after-discovery-of-dead-camper-in-gsmnp-rangers-emphasize-safety-tips

me -There's a season?

troutrus

Closed up the testing pool (aka. Fly Lab) this morning. Looked back out and saw this guy.
You cannot see attachments on this board.

Woolly Bugger

Bear eats delivery pizza left on doorstep in Colorado Springs

>>>COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) — While the idea behind contactless delivery is intended to keep people safe, it comes with its own dangers of attracting wildlife here in Colorado Springs.

Holly Vergunst ordered pizza delivery Tuesday night but then found the pizza box was empty by the time she opened it.

Vergunst watched her security footage to figure out what happened. A bear, caught on camera, devoured her dinner in less than two minutes.

https://krdo.com/news/top-stories/2020/10/01/bear-eats-delivery-pizza-left-on-doorstep-in-colorado-springs/

me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

This is a genuine American bear.

"This year he really packed on the pounds, looking like he was fat enough to hibernate in July and yet continuing to eat until his belly seemed to drag along the ground by late September."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wide-bodied-747-crowned-alaska-s-fattest-bear/ar-BB19LSgD?ocid=msedgntp
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

>>>What led up to the scary encounter?
"As we came on the bridge we could see the bear feeding below along the bank," he explained. While that may sound scary enough for some people, Dupras told us that it was actually quite a common sight as his family has been "catch and release steelhead fishing" in the area for over 45 years.

"We moved to the middle of the bridge so we could see the bear and give us safe distance as the bears occasionally come up the bank and cross the road into the woods to access the river further up," he told us.

Just as they had expected, the bear came up. "But what happened next was atypical from the behaviour we've seen in the past," he said.

/

me -There's a season?

jwgnc

Yikes.  I'd have to change my drawers after that.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Onslow

Black bear road kill observed at MM 22 @ I 77 in VA. It was smallish.  Maybe 150 pounds. Saw it this morning, but the DOT apparently cleaned up the shoulder by this evening.

+-Recent Topics

unlimited odds and ends by Woolly Bugger
Today at 01:00:15 AM

Unlimited Fly Fishing News and Articles... by Woolly Bugger
November 27, 2020, 09:18:45 AM

Unlimited Salmon/Steelhead News Update... by Sedition and Pockets
November 26, 2020, 10:06:56 AM

Unlimited Everything Everglades.... by Woolly Bugger
November 26, 2020, 09:28:38 AM

Native Tree/Plant Plight by Woolly Bugger
November 26, 2020, 09:05:47 AM

Wet Wading in November by Woolly Bugger