News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

A waste of time.....TR

Started by AL trout bum, July 28, 2015, 22:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AL trout bum

Quote from: Grannyknot on July 29, 2015, 07:26:24 AM
I think I have actually met your friend.  Does he make bamboo rods?

Yep. Well, he did at one time. I think he's slowed down on that for a while.

I would love to go back and do a day or two fly-in to some of the more remote lakes.

Quote from: AKAaron on July 29, 2015, 08:16:34 AM

So you can only take one case of beer per person into Canada or can you take more if you pay a tariff? I remember Canadian lager as particularly shitty.

Yea, I should have been more specific. You can take one case per person without paying a duty, then anything over that you have to pay a duty. By the time you do that, it's probably cheaper just to buy it in Canada. The OV tasted like Coors, and the Carling was like Natty Light. A 12pk of both cost me $40. Beer ain't cheap where we were, even if it's cheap beer!
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Woolly Bugger

BTW, My son is north of there, stationed in Bissett (4 hours by car) doing fly-in trips... d:b

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Aka

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on July 29, 2015, 09:27:57 AM
I remember Canadian lager as particularly shitty.

Don't you bring Kokanee into this.

Oh I'll say it, Kokanee is a really shitty beer & falls right in with Moosehead, Molson, Labatt's and the rest.

ALTB, again - hell of a trip and let us know if your friend is taking new friend aps.

AL trout bum

Quote from: AKAaron on July 29, 2015, 10:41:50 AM
Quote from: OldDominionAngler on July 29, 2015, 09:27:57 AM
I remember Canadian lager as particularly shitty.

Don't you bring Kokanee into this.

Oh I'll say it, Kokanee is a really shitty beer & falls right in with Moosehead, Molson, Labatt's and the rest.

ALTB, again - hell of a trip and let us know if your friend is taking new friend aps.

Thanks everyone, but hands off my friend, dammit!
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

gamatt53

QuoteYea, I should have been more specific. You can take one case per person without paying a duty, then anything over that you have to pay a duty. By the time you do that, it's probably cheaper just to buy it in Canada. The OV tasted like Coors, and the Carling was like Natty Light. A 12pk of both cost me $40. Beer ain't cheap where we were, even if it's cheap beer!

It is also illegal to possess or consume  ANY alcohol in a boat in Ontario and there is a pretty hefty fine associated with getting caught. I like to drink some beer while fishing (a lot of i'm not driving the boat - a few if I am) and therefore I will never go to anything but a super remote lake up there where the chance of getting caught is low.

Another alternative are the border lakes around Voyageurs national park, LOW, and the BWCA- you can stay on the US side and have similar fishing.

TheYiman

JMiller

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

Grannyknot

Quote from: AL trout bum on July 29, 2015, 10:14:23 AM
Quote from: Grannyknot on July 29, 2015, 07:26:24 AM
I think I have actually met your friend.  Does he make bamboo rods?

Yep. Well, he did at one time. I think he's slowed down on that for a while.

I would love to go back and do a day or two fly-in to some of the more remote lakes.

Here is the outfitter we use more often than not...
http://nestorfalls.com/
I think we've tried every single outfitter between fort frances, kenora, & Dryden.
These people are the best.  Very nice people.  Private lakes.  Good boats.  Fantastic Cabins.  Great pilots.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Dougfish

Quote from: Grannyknot on July 29, 2015, 12:46:07 PM
I think we've tried every single outfitter between fort frances, kenora, & Dryden.
These people are the best.  Very nice people.  Private lakes.  Good boats.  Fantastic Cabins.  Great pilots.

Look at dog going all elitist on us.

Transylwader

Matthias,
I got four words for ya.

HOLY SHIT FUCK SAMMITCH!!! -+;

That my friend was the musky fuckery of God.

Minus points for drinking Carling. That shit is what cape coloured and cheap limey scums drink p;-

See you at the Leroy Bake this falln!n

Grannyknot

Quote from: Dougfish on July 29, 2015, 12:51:43 PM
Quote from: Grannyknot on July 29, 2015, 12:46:07 PM

Look at dog going all elitist on us.

;D
Look at my broke ass talkin about guide services & shit.

In truth, the last time I went was about 5 years ago.  Got a bonus at work and blew it all on the trip.
My dad & his buds go every year like a pilgrimage to mecca.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

gamatt53

I actually came across that outfitter researching possible trips next summer. Kay lake look amazing! In the end we decided to go back to a drive in outfitter off Voyageurs Park  due to costs. One day!

AL trout bum

Quote from: gamatt53 on July 29, 2015, 12:06:02 PM
QuoteYea, I should have been more specific. You can take one case per person without paying a duty, then anything over that you have to pay a duty. By the time you do that, it's probably cheaper just to buy it in Canada. The OV tasted like Coors, and the Carling was like Natty Light. A 12pk of both cost me $40. Beer ain't cheap where we were, even if it's cheap beer!

It is also illegal to possess or consume  ANY alcohol in a boat in Ontario and there is a pretty hefty fine associated with getting caught. I like to drink some beer while fishing (a lot of i'm not driving the boat - a few if I am) and therefore I will never go to anything but a super remote lake up there where the chance of getting caught is low.

Another alternative are the border lakes around Voyageurs national park, LOW, and the BWCA- you can stay on the US side and have similar fishing.

You're not going to tell on me, are you?

tomato can

croaker

Ifn you gotta waste time...
That's not a bad way to do it.

'c;
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.