News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Tailers

Started by MarshStomper, June 11, 2011, 20:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshStomper

Its that time of the month again yup tides are larger than normal and the reds are in the grass. Last months were frustrating with wind, refusals, and shitty hook sets  b'; . Tried a flat last night wind kept the tide out so it didnt flood (it was borderline without the wind anyway). However took a solo trip tonight. Boat ramp was mobbed with pleasure boaters and so was the river but I had to go. First fish seen slammed a new pattern I tied on Thursday, ended up being about 20in slump is now over -0- . Saw another tailing mid fight with the first fish but as soon as he was released the other was pretty much gone. Third fish was real happy perfect cast he saw it didnt like it BlOOSH! gone. That was it for tonight but there are at least 3 more evenings left trying to make them all.
Not Flooded

Flooded

Sorry for shitty pics of this red i was alone water was hot needed to be released quick

Landed a dolphin a week and a half ago having trouble uploading the pic of the fish, Not sure why best I can do for now is action shot
"In this world there are two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig" --The Good

5xTippett

Pretty fish.  I heard it's getting right .  I was at a cousin's house in Mt. Pleasant today and he said he was heading out after the reds in the next day or so.

MarshStomper

Tonight and tomorrow should be perfect, about to head out in a couple hours. If you head down this way again let me know man and we'll try and get out.
"In this world there are two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig" --The Good

flatlander

ftroop82

What fly did you catch the dolphin on... had a few school dolphin under the boat Friday and they would race at it then turn and swim off. I was using a olive and white clouser, but no takers.

MarshStomper

Red and white whistler, they were real picky I changed about 4 times before i could get one to eat. We were chunking ballys to keep them around, I didnt even strip it just let it sink down one mistook it for a chunk I guess.

Only saw one tonight but got him to eat had to lay down close to 70ft he was swimming away and I could barley see his tail, took me to the backing good fight for a little guy ;D