News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Back off Bell's

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 11, 2015, 21:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

ruttness

overbrook

natureboy

So who has the better beer?

I'm convinced that 2 Hearted gave me appendicitis about 6 years ago, one less appendix and a few miles later we've made our peace.

benben reincarnated

AVL bars have been removing Bell's beers from their taps in protest.

rbphoto

Bell's is going to kill their reputation.

They should have offered to do a joint brew with them to grow both names.

Raymond
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Grannyknot

Looks like some patent attorney got ahold of Bell's and convinced them he could get them some fast cash in an out of court settlement.
As if a small startup brewery has cash.

No more bells for me.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Dougfish

Ditto that, Gknot.
My mini-boycott has begun.

Jfey

Innovation Brewing just posted this response on their Facebook page.  It appears to be in response to something Bell's posted.   Major PR blunder for Bells.  I can live without Two Hearted Ale

To Our Wonderful Craft Beer Community:

We felt it was important to get our story out to the media because this is an important matter for the craft beer industry. We did not intend (nor do we want to) have a social media battle with Bell's, but because of allegations posted on Bell's Brewery's Facebook page we now have to defend ourselves. Settlement discussions are protected communications that are not to be disclosed publicly, so out of respect to Bell's Brewery's rights we would never have disclosed them. Furthermore, Mr. Bell pointedly stated that he would not "play this out on social media" – and so we again respected his wishes by keeping the details to ourselves. Now, it appears they changed their mind.

We are planning to deliver a full statement of the facts and events that have brought us to this point. Until then, we feel it necessary to respond to Ms. Bell's enumerated allegations. Thank you for continuing to support and believe in us. You keep us going through this difficult time.

1. Yes, this is a TM proceeding and not a lawsuit, although it is like a lawsuit, requiring legal representation, being personally deposed, and including a trial. They are asking us to withdraw our federal trademark application for our brand name.

2. We do not believe that any human on earth would confuse Innovation Brewing with Bell's Brewery, despite their slogans.

3. Laura Bell did contact me at 7:00 pm the night before their opposition filing was due. They had already hired attorneys to represent them and file for their extension to file the opposition. We had not hired an attorney. After she advised us that she would "let us" keep using the name in NC only, and never expand beyond it, she said that we had until the next day at 5:00 PM to respond. That is 22 hours to find an attorney and decide on the future of our business. That was the one and only attempt Ms. Bell made to contact me. From there their attorneys took over.

4. Not a single co-existence agreement has ever been presented to us by Bell's. In fact it was we who submitted a written co-existence agreement – subsequently declined by Bell's. The only monetary compensation they have ever offered us was $2,500 which was to cover the inconvenience of being forced to abandon our trademark and go register a different one. The "legal fees", as Ms. Bell puts it, brought on by their legal action against us, may exceed $50,000. We did not feel like being bought off.

5. This matter was before the TM office one day after she began talking to us. No offer has ever been presented to us other than the offer to limit our business to NC or take $2,500 to start over and build a new brand. We believe in our business, so those are not really offers at all.

6. In regards to Laura Bell stating "we hope to resolve this as swiftly as the system will allow" we suggested the accelerated trademark opposition process that would have brought this to a legal end much sooner and with far less expense, but Bell's denied it.

You great people don't deserve to be peppered with sides of the story. So we will give you a full account of the facts so you can decide for yourself. We are good people and we know we have your support. Stay tuned.

-Chip and Nicole
Yup, going fishing

Grannyknot

I am amazed that Bells can't see the damage they are doing to their brand by carrying on with this.

What a bunch of dickheads.  I bet that's where bullship got a job at.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

bmadd

Position of Head Dick?

Thanks for that post Jfey. That all seems crazy. A lot of hate going towards them on their social media sites. I don't think I could keep that up if I was owner.

Transylwader

FuckBells, this chick crashed my car 3 years ago after drinking a 6er of their two hearted ale.
Signed. Goddamn Yankee shit ass beer.

bullship

Quote from: Grannyknot on March 12, 2015, 14:32:05 PM
I am amazed that Bells can't see the damage they are doing to their brand by carrying on with this.

What a bunch of dickheads.  I bet that's where bullship got a job at.

Haha. You didn't think I left the BBQ thread, did you?
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

benben reincarnated

So, no?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login