Boa System vs Boot Laces

Started by Dee-Vo, March 14, 2017, 11:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grannyknot

I think you'll like the laces. 
i've had 2 boa systems and they have always failed before the seams or felt wore out.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Grannyknot on June 22, 2017, 12:19:36 PM
I think you'll like the laces. 
i've had 2 boa systems and they have always failed before the seams or felt wore out.

I'm glad I went with laces. More shoddy quality stories have been brought to my attention since ordering these. I hear the boa is hard to replace and get just right to tighten properly....? A dude told me they take theirs to a ski shop for repair.

troutfanatic

I have a pair of Orvis Access boots new in box, size 10 for sale. These are lace up, not blo-a.

PM for deets

The Dude

Quote from: troutfanatic on June 22, 2017, 12:55:31 PM
I have a pair of Orvis Access boots new in box, size 10 for sale. These are lace up, not blo-a.

PM for deets

A big guy like you only wears size 10 boots?  Makes it easier to roll to your side on those PLFs back in the day, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

troutfanatic

Quote from: The Dude on June 22, 2017, 13:42:36 PM
Quote from: troutfanatic on June 22, 2017, 12:55:31 PM

PM for deets

A big guy like you only wears size 10 boots?  Makes it easier to roll to your side on those PLFs back in the day, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. I wear 11s. These were given to me by a guy up in PA who didn't want them. I can only wear them to wet wade.

PLFs were easy as a kid. After age 35 and the 5 pounds per year I added, PLFs became increasingly painful.

Dee-Vo

So, as some have suggested and some have opposed as I did originally, I've purchased a pair of Merrells for hiking in and out. This should lengthen the new wading boots' lifespan. I've never worn a pair of Merrells. Damn, they are light. Sweet.