OMG I found the Madison..... Day 4 in Montana!!

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 17, 2007, 23:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

took me long enough... I'll be going back soon...

Long day started out on the Gallatin in the Canyon... had at least 20 on the line and over a dozen came to hand all before lunch. At lunch at the Corral in Big Sky... I tagged the ceiling with a BRFFF decal.... Then I headed on a little road trip that brought me to the Madison at Raynolds Pass Access.... the water was huge and difficult to wade but I found my way to th middle and landed three nice fish... (camera was on the wrong setting and the pictures are blurred ) will have to go and do it again, it was hard to leave the river with daylight left but I had a long drive back to Belgrade and I was/am dead tired....

new photos posted.... http://www.kbrcomm.com/ssp/smithriver.html

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flatlander

Belgrade?  Woolly you should go hit the Milesnick Ranch and fish the spring creeks there.

http://www.milesnickrecreation.com/frameset.asp?topnav=fishtop.asp&content=fishmid.asp&botnav=fishbot.asp

troutphisher

Still nice pictures! I get the idea  ;D

Some of that water looks a little ruff to wade in  :o
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

peter p

Put some 10 lbs weights in your waders to help keep you down!!  Thanks for the update
Peter

Trout Maharishi

Keep em coming :) Wipe the water off the lenses might help ///?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 18, 2007, 09:25:24 AM
Keep em coming :) Wipe the water off the lenses might help ///?

That was fish slime.... he was still fighting and didn't want to have his picture taken...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jkilday4

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

To say the least, Nice...back to work for me in about eight hours....   o-o

Discomidge

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Damselfly

I'm just getting back to reading/loving these reports- and I can't believe you ate at the Corral!! Only one of the absolute best discoveries I made last summer! I hope you had a buffalo burger. I got mine to go after a morning fishing the Gallatin- probably at the same exact spots- don't you love just screaming to a gravelly stop at a pulloff just before a logging truck flattens you?! Soooo worth it though.
The guide I hired for the Spanish Peaks horse pack trip was just across the road and 1/4 mile down from the Corral, beside the Rainbow Lodge. We got back in at about 10pm, and the first place I asked about a room was the Corral....who sent me next door to Buck's....who sent me to the last room in town at the River Rock Lodge- usually $200+ a night, but a steal at $110, with 6ootc sheets for my saddlesore behind. That was the day before I ate my to-go burger on the way to the Madison.