News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bush Sr. big fish

Started by troutphisher, April 22, 2008, 11:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

Nice fish caught by Bush Sr. At 84 and still doing battle!!!!

Hopefully he will get one on the fly rod soon.

http://www.miamiherald.com/627/story/504777.html
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

kylemc

Think he yanked a scale off?

Woolly Bugger

Kudos -- job well done.

''When released and he swam away, I had great respect for the big fish,'' Bush wrote, adding that he intends to hang the mount in his Presidential Library at Texas A&M University.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Beetle

Someone sent this to me a long time ago right after Hurrican Catrina.   Despite my best efforts, I couldn't help but laugh like hell at this......... 8@S  Sorry....so wrong...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

troutjedi

"...a decision was made to release the fish alive and have a reproduction mount commissioned."

Huh?  I totally respect the C&R.....but a reproduction mount???  What's the point of that?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutjedi on April 23, 2008, 22:18:51 PM
"...a decision was made to release the fish alive and have a reproduction mount commissioned."

Huh?  I totally respect the C&R.....but a reproduction mount???  What's the point of that?

Well if you had your own library you would want one too!

QuoteA fiberglass reproduction mount will be commissioned to hang in the George H. W. Bush Presidential Library at Texas A&M University.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phg

Most saltwater trophies are fiberglass reproduction mounts.  As to why anybody would want one, just look at it as a fish sculpture.  They're kinda cool, if you have room.  Most people, though, don't realize how big they are until they get them home.  That's why Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, and others, have so many donated mounts in their stores.

LeeG

I have a lot of respect for the Sr. Bush.  I have seen him on more then one occasion off the Mousam River in Kennebunk ME.  He is very polite and welcomed all who wanted to meet him, he is very special.

Lee
Lee Goldsmith
Lee's Fishing Page
Acton, Maine