saturday fishing report

Started by _Fish_Pimp, March 19, 2012, 15:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

I went up to the graveyard fields on saturday...after a very very long night of helping my brother put a new engine in his 70 nova...we worked til 3am and decided to wake up at 5:30 to fish. On the way we stopped at the loves gas station near marion nc and saw a guy with the most amazing mullet I have ever seen...it was exactly like joe dirts and to top it off he was listening to rap turned all da way up  :laugh: It was ridiculous. We finally made it up to 276 and then the parkway. It was really crowded up there even though it was rainy and a little chilly. The hikers and sightseers were really out though, we stupidly decided to start fishing kind of close to the trail instead of hiking up. It turned out to not be so bad, the fish were very small though..all less than 7inches or so. We landed about 12-15 each and I lost one nice one as we were about to leave. We fished it for about 3 hours and the fish were getting bigger as we went up, my brother wanted to catch some bigger fish though so we decided to head somewhere else. At the second stop I almost immediately landed a very nice brown. My brother also did pretty well and landed several average browns and a nice bow. After that  we chucked streamers at the douche on the way out, I couldn't hook them...I was using a size 4 sex dungeon with the first hook cut off to be legal and I think the stinger hook was dull because in the low clear section I had several huge browns chase and inhale it but could not stick them. They would chase it all the way up...then turn away, I would suddenly strip faster and it would turn back and eat it...just couldn't get the hook in them. It was fun trying to throw that sex dungeon on my biix 8'6" 4wt...I almost got hurt  :laugh: It was a nice day, the graveyard field is a really neat place. I'm sure most of you have been there or know about it, its a rockin place  -0-
Anyway, the fish are rising!! tight lines fellas  ;D

and my pics are too big to upload on here so heres a link to my photobucket: http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/q623/fishpimp1/
hope that works.

Woolly Bugger

[attach=1]

copy and paste the bb img link from your bucket..

jis sayin...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phlyfisher

it can be quite a pain in the ass resizing, i feel your pain...

nice work on the feesh mang
0:0

aint them brownies a bitch on streamer sets? i wish they would just try and kill the fuckin thing the way a smallie does.
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

_Fish_Pimp

I tried to resize them on my computer, but couldnt get it to work right. and I just made the photobucket account so I don't know whats going on with any of that  ??? sorry for all of the excuses.... The pics worked before from the same camera, don't know why these are so much bigger  b'; Thanks though

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Transylwader

Damn it, I knew I shoulda gone fishing on Saturday instead of go apeshit on the booze b';

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Transylwader on March 19, 2012, 21:10:27 PM
Damn it, I knew I shoulda gone fishing on Saturday instead of go apeshit on the booze b';

what is one without the other?
me -There's a season?

_Fish_Pimp

You had the chance to go fishing but didn't?   :o
and whats with all the smites? does everyone just hate me already or what...I gained 15 more smites just with this post. :-* thanks....love you guys too

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Stone-Man

Phly,

I am the worst computer operator on the planet.
But as to resizing your pictures.     Windows 7  (My Pictures)  will resize a dozen pictures in 10 seconds flat.

Fish Pimp --- Nice fish  !!

JT

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?