A Series of Fortunate Events.

Started by RiverbumCO, July 02, 2020, 09:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverbumCO

Twas coaxed into a BRP winery tour on Saturday that ended at a Brewery in Floyd VA. Cruised over some pretty creeks that got me wanting to scratch an itch.  One of the participants in this escapade is wanting to get into fly fishing and recently purchased a rod/gear.  I was supposed to be going to a birthday pool party on Sunday for my uncle, but it was canceled due to Rona, so a plan was hatched with the WildMTsucker to guide this newbie on some wild water.  We found out mid-week we left our debit card at the brewery in Floyd, more on that later.

Got up and out early and scooped up the Sucker on our way to wild rainbow land with the newbile.  It rained off and on and i took very few photos, but the fishing was pretty good.  We caught piles of rainbows, and the newb got the best fish of the day.  Hes probably hooked now.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Literally the only picture i have, maybe Gray will post his.

Tuesday i had to venture to Virgina once more to meet a client, so i made sure to add an extra couple hours to my wifes itinerary so i could stop by a couple creeks on the way home.  The first looked extra juicy but was full of minners and fish just werent coming out of the holes like i expected. One chunk Brookie was all i mananged. Bushwacked out went to the next.

The next was an absolute piss trickle, impossible to even bow and arrow cast and i didnt spend long here, narrowly missed a downpour on my way back down the MTN

Now back to the Debit card....since i had to make the 1:20 trek to Floyd anyway, may as well catch a brookie stream on the way.  Had chatted with Senor Onslow about a couple in this area, and decided to utilize the low hanging fruit since i was pushed for time.  Parked beside this creek and immediately got into fish.

All the deep pools produced a fish, and one i didnt get a photo of that was pushing 9", very large for the size of this creek.  Ended up with another chunk before leaving.

Made my way on into Floyd and retrieved the card, had a beer ($8.25/pint and served in plastic..WTF Dogtown), and reflected...

...then figured out i was fishing the wrong creek, so im excited to see what the main stem can produce now.

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Big J

Unless you got pictures of the mythical anomaly that is Wildmtnwalleye on a trout stream, then I don't believe you.  And even with pictures, like bigfoot pictures, I would still question their authenticity. 

Woolly Bugger

well played... but I'm afraid I'd pass on that spendy beer... :o
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

itieuglyflies

bmadd

Onslow

Damn, you just sauntered up to an unnamed creek in the middle of no damne where, and plucked some natives from the water.  That's the way to fish right there.

Next time you head up to Floyd, please stop here, and fish this hole for me. Been across this bridge many times, but just haven't made time to stop.

https://goo.gl/maps/Vbq47J7GcRoCitZx6

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

hcrum87hc

Nice trip. Maybe I should leave my debit card next time we're on a family trip to the mountains so I have an excuse to hit some water.
Jeremiah 17:7

NCsporksman

Pink wrist ban, grayson, pune trout, wine tours....trying to tell us something.... fucking cats living with dogs and such -+;