Spinning rods are the future fam

Started by Michael Toris, July 14, 2017, 23:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 25, 2017, 07:00:19 AM
Largemouth out of our mountain lakes aren't bad at all, at least early in the year. Not my favorite eating fish, but still taste 10x better than any of that shit fish from the grocery store. I don't see how anybody can eat a ditch tilapia and enjoy it.

I have to agree with Yaller.  LM from the Dominion recreational ponds up the road taste just fine.  It's been awhile since I've eaten a SM, but if I remember correctly, they tasted OK, kind of like a redeye.  Am I correct? 

Tilapia are ok if you blacken the shit out of them.

In fact, I question the palate credibility of some of you elitists, you pretentious peckerwoods.  I doubt if your palates have ever come close to the flesh of some of these fishes.  You never kill anything.

Speaking of killing, the Martin takedown recurve is shooting like a dream since I put the fast-flight string on it.  I am ready to kill bambi and/or his mother.  I might even get into bowfishing. 

More killing – a kid in the neighborhood got one of these recently.  He's having a ball with this spear. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

tomato can

we called that a Hawaiian Sling in Hawaii.  and big muddy I have been at some fish fries, eaten red eyes, google eyes, jack, red fin pike, robin, shellcracker, bream, channel cat, mud cat, horse fish, LM bass, SM bass etc.

Dee-Vo

I have eaten largemouth. It was not from a clear lake. It tasted like a warm bowl of Cecil soil. This was not the fish's fault.

driver

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 25, 2017, 09:04:21 AM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 25, 2017, 07:00:19 AM
Largemouth out of our mountain lakes aren't bad at all, at least early in the year. Not my favorite eating fish, but still taste 10x better than any of that shit fish from the grocery store. I don't see how anybody can eat a ditch tilapia and enjoy it.

I have to agree with Yaller.  LM from the Dominion recreational ponds up the road taste just fine.  It's been awhile since I've eaten a SM, but if I remember correctly, they tasted OK, kind of like a redeye.  Am I correct? 

Tilapia are ok if you blacken the shit out of them.

In fact, I question the palate credibility of some of you elitists, you pretentious peckerwoods.  I doubt if your palates have ever come close to the flesh of some of these fishes.  You never kill anything.

Speaking of killing, the Martin takedown recurve is shooting like a dream since I put the fast-flight string on it.  I am ready to kill bambi and/or his mother.  I might even get into bowfishing. 

More killing – a kid in the neighborhood got one of these recently.  He's having a ball with this spear.

Bowfishing is fun. Especially with old homemade wooden bows. It don't matter if dem invasive Asian bitches won't hit your fly when you gotta bow. :D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 26, 2017, 10:14:32 AM
Bowfishing is fun. Especially with old homemade wooden bows. It don't matter if dem invasive Asian bitches won't hit your fly when you gotta bow. :D

Is that you Yaller?  You made that bow?  What you chewing in that left jaw?  What do you have to smoke in that t pocket? 

I believe I have the same string silencers on my long bow and recurves.  Otter skin?

Good stuff!

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 26, 2017, 10:49:10 AM

Is that you Yaller?  You made that bow?  What you chewing in that left jaw?  What do you have to smoke in that t pocket? 

I believe I have the same string silencers on my long bow and recurves.  Otter skin?

Good stuff!

Yep. Yep. Red Seal fine cut natural. Winston Lights. Beaver.

Aka

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 26, 2017, 11:57:44 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 26, 2017, 10:49:10 AM

Good stuff!

Yep. Yep. Red Seal fine cut natural. Winston Lights. Beaver.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait just a fucking minute there. You mean to say that is you in the aforementioned photograph? 
I knew, without hesitation or prior visual reference, that Mud was old as dirt regardless of his pseudo-salt of the earth, hipster interests and that has been verified but I'll be damned if I hadn't figured you were a few more decades advanced in age than what this picture shows.

Big J

Quote from: Aka on July 26, 2017, 15:12:10 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait just a fucking minute there. You mean to say that is you in the aforementioned photograph? 
I knew, without hesitation or prior visual reference, that Mud was old as dirt regardless of his pseudo-salt of the earth, hipster interests and that has been verified but I'll be damned if I hadn't figured you were a few more decades advanced in age than what this picture shows.

If what Aaron is saying is "I thought you were a wrinkly old man", then yes, I thought the same thing as him. 

Yallerhammer

LOL. I never said I was old, just a damn curmudgeon. :) I'm older than many of the folks on here, but younger than some of the ones like Mud, who witnessed the Appalachian Orogeny in person and has a SS# of 3. :D

Dougfish

Quote from: Yallerhammer on July 26, 2017, 15:41:45 PM
LOL. I never said I was old, just a damn curmudgeon. :) I'm older than many of the folks on here, but younger than some of the ones like Mud, who witnessed the Appalachian Orogeny in person and has a SS# of 3. :D

Just a pup.  :laugh:   :banana011:
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

You see, this is a perfect example of why you need to ask questions, and the correct questions, to learn something. 

I learned much about Yaller from his last few posts under this thread, and I respect him even more now ---even for his selection of the Carhartt t-shirt, IF he had removed the fucking label/tag from the pocket!  I wear the same t-shirts but not until I take a knife and remove the Carhartt brand.  He's a curmudgeon whippersnapper, and still has many years to absorb what is acceptable, so some concession is warranted. 

Big J

He's a curmudgeon whippersnapper, and still has many years to absorb what is acceptable, so some concession is warranted.
[/quote]

Says the man who bought a bass boat

Yallerhammer

I don't have enough hipster in me to give a shit one way or the other about labels-I don't think about them as status symbols, and I also don't care if I'm perpetuating commerciality by having one on my shirt. I buy Carhartt t-shirts because they fit right, they're comfortable, and they last a long time.

I'm not an old withered-up fart, but I'm not a whippersnapper either-come October, I will have been annoying the good inhabitants of this planet for half a century. I'm just an unapologetic hillbilly who grew up too fast on a hillside dirt farm. And I also own an aluminum bass boat. :D

Yallerhammer

Don't tell Tranny, but I shoot gar, too. And eat them.