News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Who needs a Medic?

Started by TroutMedic, January 15, 2013, 15:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TroutMedic

Cory here. New to the forum. Figured i would join to get some pointers on tying, fishing, and some hot spots. I have fly fished before but never very productive. In the past i have been mainly a spin fisher and love fishing for trout. But now im hoping i can pick up this fly fishing and make it my main go to rod. cheers

The Dude

Quote from: TCHMedic on January 15, 2013, 15:12:22 PM
Figured i would join to get some pointers on tying, fishing, and some hot spots.

At least you came right out and stated you are trying to hotspot, unlike most who lie about it (and fail miserably at concealing their intentions).

0:0
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Jfey

Quote from: TCHMedic on January 15, 2013, 15:12:22 PMand some hot spots.

Stone Mtn and Mitchell are the best steams that I know of in NC.
Yup, going fishing

Woolly Bugger

Hell, you got the Smith right there. Us northclackalackas drive up thataway to fish...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

What Woo Wee says. You've got all these retarded Smith R. fisherman on this board. Invite yourself for a miserable day on the river, bring a couple extra brews and pay attention as we spew bad advice and pick didymo off tiny nymphs.
Seriously, introduce yourself to some guys on the river and plan on coming to the Mar. 7 TU meeting in Martinsville.

kylemc

Can you write prescriptions?

lostnwilderness

These guys are bull shitting you, check out the Cherokee Reservation.  Best fishing in the state!
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

TroutMedic

you guys are right i do live minutes from the smith river and i have fished it for years but primarily with spinning gear. I do however prefer the smaller streams like kibbler and rock castle creek. they seem not to be as intimidating as the wide smith. Also i used to visit the TU meetings in martinsville at Rania's resturant, maybe i will see what stories are floating around there. also what websites are good to buy from for gear?

Dougfish

Quote from: TCHMedic on January 15, 2013, 19:02:34 PM
you guys are right i do live minutes from the smith river and i have fished it for years but primarily with spinning gear. I do however prefer the smaller streams like kibbler and rock castle creek. they seem not to be as intimidating as the wide smith. Also i used to visit the TU meetings in martinsville at Rania's resturant, maybe i will see what stories are floating around there. also what websites are good to buy from for gear?

We fish other water too.  ;D  Get to know, get to go.

RiverbumCO

Quote from: TCHMedic on January 15, 2013, 19:02:34 PM

Local shops. 

Craigslist ::)
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Al

Good to see ya on here Cory. Tell the guys about the time ya caught that "citation" trout and got so excited about getting it to a certified scale that ya left your good rod on the stream bank and it was gone when you came back.  :'(  That should amuse the riff-raff that love to needle newcomers to the board. :laugh:

BTW love to see you at the March 7th meeting. We need a medic in case we have a shooting or some other altercation over how to fix the Smith.

Trout Maharishi

Basin Creek and Helton Creek just across the NC border is as good as it gets up that way. Get some Smith River Bandits and Townsend Beetles. They'll catch fish anywhere.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski