News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

You Wanted Pics

Started by bmeador, June 06, 2012, 08:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmeador

I'm gonna try to post one.  IF it works, this is largest trout I've landed to date.

Lower Talarik Creek, Alaska
Orvis 8 wgt., Fulflex II rod, Madison reel
Dave Stanley Fertilized Egg pattern
31 1/2 inches, est. 10 1/2 to 11 lbs.
RELEASED alive

[attach=1]

bmeador

Cool, it worked!!  I'm learning this digital camera and PC stuff!

The story - I was guiding for Rainbow King Lodge out of Iliamna.  We took a short plane ride down the lake and I had 5 clients and a junior guide with me.  The sockeyes had run into the lake and then up the creek, and the big rainbows had moved in the stream behind them.  To feed on the eggs!

We wore the clients out by lunch time.  It was non-stop action for over 4 hours.  Really nice, thick 'bows.  We cooked the shorelunch and everybody was sitting around with a full belly.  Normally we didn't fish when with clients but they talked us into it.  I let Paul hit the run first and he caught several nice 'bows around 5 or 6 pounds.  I strung my rod together and tied on an egg pattern.

On my second cast I had a hit and raised the tip, the fish took off straight downstream and was into the backing in seconds!!!  I knew it was a good fish.  Couple of minutes of fighting this fish, I saw a nice fish jump WAY down and remarked "that is a nice fish" and everyone was telling me "That is YOUR fish!"  I couldn't believe it.  Well, after nearly 15 mins. of fight this fish I slid her close enough for a grab around her tail.  I told everyone where my camera was and pulled out my tape.  Taped her at 31.5 inches, picked her up, turned around, had my pic taken, knelled down and revived her - and sent her on her way!

An awesome fish!

Jfey

Very impressive fish and love the old school pic.   'c;
Yup, going fishing

Transylwader

Dude, you look like John Holmes :o

NewTyer1

Dude, that is a fish of a lifetime. Well, maybe not for Alaska but in the US. I to love the picture, it tlooks like an old 110 film camera.
Scott
Military Police Officer
Iraq Veteran 08-09
National Registry EMT

5xTippett

I am impressed.  Beautiful fish!

bmeador

Ding Ding Ding - we have a winner!  New Tyer you hit the nail on the head!  I always carried a 110 in my fishing vest back in the 70's and 80's.  (Still carry a 35 mm disposal/waterproof along w/my digital.)

It took me FOREVER to figure out how to reproduce it on my new digital and post on here.  Now that I know, I'm gonna try some more and post them.

And thanks guys, that WAS a fish of a lifetime!  It was so unreal, the setting, having a cheering section, etc...  There is NO place like Alaska and I got PAID to fish up there.  And all the different species of fish...  I got to catch them all on each type of rods - fly and spinning.

overbrook

Quote from: Transylwader on June 06, 2012, 09:57:53 AM
Dude, you look like John Holmes :o

Yeah....once I saw his mug....I was afraid to scroll down any further.

Holmes

Aka

Quote from: NewTyer1 on June 06, 2012, 10:43:29 AM
Dude, that is a fish of a lifetime. Well, maybe not for Alaska but in the US. I to love the picture, it tlooks like an old 110 film camera.

No, that is a fish of a lifetime anywhere, AK included.
As for not being pat of the U.S. talk with Todd Palin on that one.

From the only news source that should cover the Palin's.
articles.nydailynews.com/...20/...todd-palin-enquirer-story

snagaluffaguss

What the fuck?

I thought all the fish were that big or bigger in Alaska.

You mean to tell me that if I travel all the way to Alaska I wont catch any bigger fish than what I can catch on the middle D?  b';

Aka

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on June 06, 2012, 20:33:38 PM
What the fuck?

I thought all the fish were that big or bigger in Alaska.

You mean to tell me that if I travel all the way to Alaska I wont catch any bigger fish than what I can catch on the middle D?  b';

Yup, thats pretty much it.

Might as well get a good guide and have them show you around your local waters. Better than throw a bunch of money away chasing some hyped up, airbrushed, photoshopped fish from a brochure.

Oh ya, and tip him some of that money he saved you by putting you on big local fish rather than blowing it on a long ass trip to find its all just a fable.

_Fish_Pimp

That jacket, waders, mustache, hat and glasses combo is straight pimpin' man!  bd;0

Nice fish too  ;D

bmeador

I'm not kin to JH and my attire was 1980's style!!!  That was a WARM sweater, wish I still had it!