News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

It's been a minute

Started by JD, May 06, 2016, 22:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

This month is a time of transition. I'm graduating, my wife's graduating, we're starting new jobs and moving to Knoxville. (La Follette, but no one has ever heard of that.) I havn't gotten to fish with my folks in a while. I've been sidelined myself since knee surgery last fall. We decided to make it a 5 day camping / fishing trip in the Cherokee National Forest. The fish were mostly small, the weather sucked, Dad had bronchitis, and brother had to leave early. But, it was a good time anyway. Going the better part of 5 days with no cell signal is a gift. We ended up fishing 2 small streams, and 2 medium streams with good flow. We had 2 camps that were both on the river. I got to fish some evening hatches which is something I've never really done. Some of y'all might know where I'm talking about.

JD

This black background thing. I'll figure it out one day.

DRIFTS

Looked like fun, thanx fo the report...this stuff keeps me going! /'/
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

Life is nothing but a constant transition toward whatever is next. Congrats, and good luck.

Some pretty water there. Much obliged.

Onslow

JD, has your father recently emigrated from the upper mid west to Greenville TN?  If so, I have met him sneaking around Carrol Cnty Va. 

Good stuff there.

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

JD

Quote from: Onslow on May 07, 2016, 06:38:52 AM
JD, has your father recently emigrated from the upper mid west to Greenville TN?  If so, I have met him sneaking around Carrol Cnty Va. 

Good stuff there.

Not that I'm aware of, but you never know with that guy.

JD

Thanks y'all. It was good to get out. I havn't done much tailwater fishing, but I'm going to be about a half hour drive from the Clinch. I gotta figure it out.

Yallerhammer

Good stuff! Nothing like a few days to recharge the battery and spend some time with family. Seems like we're always too damn busy these days.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

ain't nothing wrong with that!

BTW, just place yer photos "inline" and between the report tags ....

[report]
Your story here....

[image 1]

[image 2]

etc...
[/report]

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

joe friday

Looks like a great trip.  thanks for posting.