News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2012 Warmwater

Started by Big J, April 03, 2012, 18:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Sick of having to create a new thread for warm water fishing whenever I only have one or two fish I want to share from my evening outings, so this is where I'll be posting them.  Feel free to throw yours up if you want too.  -0-

Hit the local pond to see what damage I could do, and this big guy decided to play.  Hit a size 6 stimi.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Here's another picture of the bass to give you a better idea of the size.

Crappies are in shallows spawning as well.

Now back to corporate tax studying.  b';

lostnwilderness

love the cheesy I got a fish smile!  No better feeling than rocking that look! -0-
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

lostnwilderness

Well maybe one thing.... :P
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

Big J

Quote from: lostnwilderness on April 03, 2012, 19:41:32 PM
love the cheesy I got a fish smile!  No better feeling than rocking that look! -0-

That goofy smile is always on my face.  College wrestling coach use to yell at me all the time for smiling when I was wrestling in tournaments, to that I would just smile more.

blue ridge angler

Warmwater is my fave..
Good on ya for taking advantage of the early bass bite.. 0:0

kylemc

Quote from: blue ridge angler on April 03, 2012, 19:51:47 PM
Warmwater is my fave..

ditto...I hope this thread hits 100 pages. I don't write up reports so I like the idea of throwing a couple pics up in one thread. Nice work smiley!

overbrook

Quote from: kylemc on April 03, 2012, 20:55:59 PM
Quote from: blue ridge angler on April 03, 2012, 19:51:47 PM
Warmwater is my fave..

ditto...I hope this thread hits 100 pages. I don't write up reports so I like the idea of throwing a couple pics up in one thread. Nice work smiley!

X2!   I too would like to post a couple of pics from time to time ....without the feeling that I'm posting a shitty report.....you can only put so much window dressing on the fact that you went out your back door and fished for a couple hours.

tomato can

that is a great picture.  I can hear a wrestling coach snarling, "Jacob quit smiling - this ain't basketball."  too funny.  Nice fish by the way. 

Big J

Another good sized one on a streamer today.

kylemc

YESSSSIRRR!

Good work Choppers :D

OldDominionAngler

Good fish Big J.   'c;  And good idea on the thread.  Saturday, I got a crack at some early season smallies on the Shenandoah.

With a boat on top and a dog in the back, I headed to meet a buddy to camp on the bank of the river Friday night.

It was an gorgeous night.  Full moon, not a cloud in the sky, and...cold.  It must've gotten down to 30, maybe colder.  Which meant get the fire goin', and keep it goin'. 

Shrimp+andouille sausage+green pepper+onion+garlic+broth+diced tomatos+Zatarin's dirty rice+cajun seasoning= jambalaya.

A healthy dose of lead and freshly dried glue.

On Saturday morning, we shuttled the boats to the river and took off. I had a wet pile of cattle dog, 65lbs. to be exact, in my kayak, so I didn't really get to fish that much.  Really, it was a cluster, for all 11 miles.  I hope he enjoyed it, especially the part where he dove head first into a pile of cow shit during lunch.   b';

Best part of the day was the bugs.  By far the best caddis hatch I've ever seen in VA.  It was all day and there were clouds of bugs.  Also, a good number of BWOs, some sort of brown / amber colored mayfly (too small to be March Browns), tiny yellow sallies (I think?), and some huge cream colored mayfly spinners that I couldn't get a picture of.  What say ye, bug guys?  Too early for coffin flies, and I wouldn't guess they live in the 'Doah, although I've seen them in numerous tribs.  Hmm.

I suspect the crashing temps on the previous night made the fish a bit lethargic.  That or I suck at fishing.  We caught just enough to keep it interesting, but I was really hoping for a big prespawn fish.

No complaints though.  I'd never seen the river at this point in the year...cool, healthy flows, budding trees, bugs, birds and turtles with bright orange bellies on every streamside log you saw, spawning I suppose? 

Feels good to have knocked out an early season float.  0:0

Big J

Looks like a good time ODA.  Dog in a kayak sounds interesting.  Especially the jumping in cow pie part.

Man Tomato Can, we need to float the James in your platform soon......very soon.  d:b

overbrook

I felt a little tingle up my leg looking at that fly box  :o

bullship

Quote from: overbrook on April 09, 2012, 20:42:01 PM
I felt a little tingle up my leg looking at that fly box  :o

Me too. Nice schtuff
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

kylemc

I will be adding lotso pics through out warm water bliss season! No reports though, as was stated.
First installment. Neither of us had ever been on this strech and we dodged the law doing it.