News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

If anyone needs flies

Started by Jfey, July 25, 2014, 11:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfey

Buy them from this guy:

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/flies-fly-boxes-classifieds/348812-bigger-better-fly-box-90-a.html

I have bought several boxes from him as gifts and his flies are as clean and professional as you can get and they are dirt cheap.  Think Overbrook level flies. 

The better reason to buy from him is that he uses the money he gets to teach fly tying classes to kids with terminal cancer in addition to helping the parents with the eventual funeral costs.  He is a survivor himself and this is his way of giving back.

I have no affiliation and have never met the man, but he does good work and I told him I would share his info as he is trying to raise the funds to pay for a funeral.   

Troutfanatic has dealt with him also if you want a second opinion.

I have his contact info if you just want to PM me.
Yup, going fishing

Al

Does this guy have a website? Does he sell flies without the box, ie a dozen Elk hair caddis or the like or do you order a box and he just fills it with flies?

I followed your link and there are so many posts on that thread they made my head swim and my attention span made me give up before I could figure it out.

Jfey

No website, he's just a guy tying flies.   

You can email him directly at jwarrington1@copper.net.

He will tie whatever you want/need.   Tell him I sent you.

Jeff
Yup, going fishing

Big J

That's awesome.  Thanks for sharing Jfey. 

raz

jeff, i emailed him.  he said you owe him $50.  something about a donkey show.   y;

Transylwader

Jfey

Quote from: raz on July 29, 2014, 20:47:43 PM
jeff, i emailed him.  he said you owe him $50.  something about a donkey show.   y;

I was ensured all transactions were confidential.   Damn things kick like you wouldn't believe
Yup, going fishing

RiverbumCO

Quote from: Jfey on July 30, 2014, 08:12:02 AM

I was ensured all transactions were confidential.   Damn things kick like you wouldn't believe

And with both legs at once, in my experience.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
My real name is Chad Farthouse.