In reversal, Trump kills huge Alaskan gold mine. Here’s why

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 25, 2020, 10:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers today asked the Pebble Partnership to submit plans for offsetting the damage its giant proposed copper and gold mine would cause to thousands of acres of wetlands and streams in southwest Alaska's Bristol Bay region—a hurdle that could delay and ultimately thwart federal permitting.

The Army Corps' Alaska District found that "discharges at the mine site would cause unavoidable adverse impacts to aquatic resources and, preliminarily, that those adverse impacts would result in significant degradation to those aquatic resources."

Restoring or preserving wetlands in the same watershed of the mine site could prove impossible for Pebble, given the region's pristine conditions, and the requirement could ultimately kill the project.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/08/reversal-trump-kills-huge-alaskan-gold-mine-here-s-why
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Yallerhammer

I think we have Trump, Jr. to thank for that. He is a pretty starch conservationist, hunter, and fisherman. I believe he talked some sense into his daddy, or went and shook the piss out of him.  :laugh: 
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 29, 2020, 07:55:32 AMI think we have Trump, Jr. to thank for that. He is a pretty starch conservationist, hunter, and fisherman. I believe he talked some sense into his daddy, or went and shook the piss out of him.  :laugh: 

Yes, this sort of thing is likely the reason Vanessa grew weary of Jr.  He might very well be a starchy outdoorsman but may have no "starch" in his meatpole and certainly not his chin.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Now that Trump is against it I am waiting for the Democrats to be for it  -  that's how things have been working for the past four years?  :laugh: 

Michael Toris

If that douche is an 'outdoorsman' then I'm a fuckin' astronaut. Y'all are getting played and by a bunch of rich Yankees to boot.

Onslow

Quote from: wildmttwalleye on August 30, 2020, 23:26:59 PMIf that douche is an 'outdoorsman' then I'm a fuckin' astronaut. Y'all are getting played and by a bunch of rich Yankees to boot.

Jr. is slightly less annoying than Meghan and Harry Markle. There is nothing more annoying than whiny rich folk, faux environmentalists, and those who masturbate to their own big game selfies.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Onslow on August 31, 2020, 04:41:46 AM
Quote from: wildmttwalleye on August 30, 2020, 23:26:59 PMIf that douche is an 'outdoorsman' then I'm a fuckin' astronaut. Y'all are getting played and by a bunch of rich Yankees to boot.

Jr. is slightly less annoying than Meghan and Harry Markle. There is nothing more annoying than whiny rich folk, faux environmentalists, and those who masturbate to their own big game selfies.
If you actually listen to the man talk, he is sincere. Listened to about two hours of podcast interviews with him a while back. He is the real deal, I think. He does have some of his dad's yankee attitude, but I actually believe his heart is in the right place. If you never listen to anything but CNN's spun opinions, you would think the Trumps roast babies, worship the devil, pour mercury down storm drains, and drop bombs on baby caribou.

Onslow

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 31, 2020, 07:51:45 AM

If you actually listen to the man talk, he is sincere. Listened to about two hours of podcast interviews with him a while back. He is the real deal, I think. He does have some of his dad's yankee attitude, but I actually believe his heart is in the right place. If you never listen to anything but CNN's spun opinions, you would think the Trumps roast babies, worship the devil, pour mercury down storm drains, and drop bombs on baby caribou.

Easy there.  If the shoe fits.... 

I don't know if Jr. is a consumer of the outdoors, or if he is sincere, nor were my remarks directed at him specifically. Harry Markle in my view is the classic private jet riding global warming faux activist. Excessive posting of big game selfies on insta spam is indicative of outdoor life consumption, and privilege buffoonery.   

Do peeps still watch slandering CNN drivel? 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Likely we're getting bamboozled by both sides.  I don't give a rat's ass if he's an outdoorsman, and I certainly do not believe he is totally sincere. 

With the minimal of effort, anyone can research and discover.  My simple barometer is dishonesty (in today's vernacular, "alternative facts") and brainpower.  They all lie, but who is spouting the fewest lies? Admittedly it is difficult to gauge someone's intellect, but if you're the leader or servant of the so-called greatest, then you might want communication and vocabulary skills and at least some understanding of world history, geography, politics, environment, etc.  I don't feel we have an administration owning any of those talents.  Plus, I can tolerate a certain degree of dishonesty if it is expressed in an articulate and coherent manner.  If anyone thinks we are consuming those traits at present, then they are dumber than a fucking coal bucket. 

I know, the bar is low!

I can think of no one, with an IQ above challenged, that is drinking the Kool aid of CNN or Fox.

Confession:  Biased I know, but I can't trust any male with no chin.

Question for the viewers:  When has so many from a particular party campaigned against someone supposedly who is a member of their circle?  This is intriguing to me and I believe it exposes a story worth considering. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 31, 2020, 07:51:45 AM

There are semi-honest, intelligent republicans, with an acceptable amount of guile, out there.  The Trumps do not fit that bill.

Al

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 31, 2020, 11:28:21 AMQuestion for the viewers:  When has so many from a particular party campaigned against someone supposedly who is a member of their circle?  This is intriguing to me and I believe it exposes a story worth considering. 

Because he is not one of them, ie  a politician. He is not "a member of their circle". 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Al on August 31, 2020, 16:29:09 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 31, 2020, 11:28:21 AMQuestion for the viewers:  When has so many from a particular party campaigned against someone supposedly who is a member of their circle?  This is intriguing to me and I believe it exposes a story worth considering. 

Because he is not one of them, ie  a politician. He is not "a member of their circle". 

If he's not in the republican circle, then why is he the Republican candidate?  I'd reason he is not in the circle of the rational, sane right.  But I'd argue he is a politician, one involved in politics and holding an elected office.

And the question was "when", not why.  I don't remember this sort of mutiny against the party's horse ever happening before.

"Elect Trump to save the country from Trump's country."

Yallerhammer

Politicians are all slimy, conniving, crooked bastards. None of them care about us. Some of them want to raise my taxes and disarm me. I vote for the conniving crooked bastards who don't. If BidenHarris wins, we're all fucked. Biden won't last a month before he commits Arkancide or resigns for health reasons.