News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fishing Spots

Started by troutrus, March 02, 2008, 20:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutrus

I was thinking if I offer some of my favorite Shad fishing spots, some of youse guys might be willing to share some good trout spots. As a good faith effort, I'll go first.
Hope this doesn't violate any kind of don't ask; don't tell policy.

Where                           Lattitude (North) Longitude (West)

Bellamy's Mill on Fishing Creek 36.09.283N 077.44.433W  From the bank or by boat (White shad only)
Dunbar Bridge on the Tar River 35.56.447N 077.39.292W  Fish from the bank of the river (White And Hickory Shad)
Falkland-Wildlife Ramp onTar River 35.41.777N 077.29.387W  From the bank or by boat (White and Hickory shad)
Fishing Creek-Mouth of  Into the Tar River 35.56.483N 077.31.084W  From a Boat (White and Hickory Shad)
Hamilton-Wildlife Ramp on Roanoke River  35.56.871N 077.12.109W From the bank or by boat (White and Hickory shad)
Mabrey's Bridge on Fishing Creek 35.58.444N 077.32.448W Fish from the bank of the Creek (White And Hickory Shad)
Old Sparta- Wildlife Rampon Tar River 35.47.455N 077.33.030W  From the bank or by boat (White and Hickory shad)
Pitchkettle Landing on the Neuse 35.17.166N 077.15.350W From A Boat 
Scotland Neck-Wildlife Ramp on Roanoke River 36.12.517N 077.23.033W  From the bank or by boat ( Hickory shad)
Spring Garden @ Nuese River 35.13.133N 077.08.900W 
Swift Creek bridge on Logsboro Rd 35.57.983N 077.35.133W From the bank (White and Hickory Shad)
Swift Creek-Mouth of  Into the Tar River 35.56.783N 077.34.983W  From A Boat (White and Hickory Shad)
Tar River on 97 Highway ("The Pipe") 35.58.664 077.43.441 Fish from the bank (White Shad..very rare to catch a Hickory that far up)
Tarboro (North) -Wildlife Ramp on Tar River ("Bells Bridge") 35.56.447N 077.32.980W  Fish by boat for access to Fishing Creek & Swift Creek (White and Hickory Shad)
Tarboro (South)-Wildlife Ramp on Tar River (Town Bridge) 35.53.650N 077.31.733W  From the bank or by boat (White and Hickory shad)
Weldon-Wildlife Ramp on Roanoke River 36.25.633N 077.35.450W  From the bank or by boat ( Hickory shad)

High Pine

Shad, is that not bait fish?   :angel:

troutphisher

Trouts,

While you offer your arcanum fishing spots up freely, your decision on the surface might be improvident. I doubt this scalawag group, would share any information on "favorite" fishing locations.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Al

All right, here is my favorite trout spot - Sure hate to give this up as it is a pretty close held secret:

Smith River: Park by Mirror Factory, walk tracks to trestle, walk down little stream to main river, fish back to bottom of Mirror Factory field. (Brown trout with an ocassional stocker)

troutjedi

Quote from: Al on March 02, 2008, 22:26:51 PM
All right, here is my favorite trout spot - Sure hate to give this up as it is a pretty close held secret:

Smith River: Park by Mirror Factory, walk tracks to trestle, walk down little stream to main river, fish back to bottom of Mirror Factory field. (Brown trout with an ocassional stocker)

Al, I thought you said there weren't any fish in the Smith river?   ;D ;D ;D

troutfreak

Heck no and dont even ask what they use to find or locate the streams with or they will accuse you of trying to steal the locations!  LOL

Trout Maharishi

Here is a tell all with GPS coordinates by Mr Trout himself >:D
http://www.flyfishingnc.com/streams/trout-streams/

I ain't telling where mine is :angel:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Gofisher

A little bored were ya?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Trout Maharishi

Hell, I'm just trying to keep pace with all the other great dynamic personalities here :angel:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutfreak

Maharishi,
You are one of the Kingpins of personality on here.. ;D.lol
TF