News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Be afraid, be very afraid!

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 27, 2007, 16:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

China has closed 180 food factories after inspectors found industrial chemicals being used in products from candy to seafood, state media said Wednesday.

The closures came amid a nationwide crackdown on shoddy and dangerous products launched in December that also uncovered use of recycled or expired food, the China Daily said.

Formaldehyde, illegal dyes, and industrial wax were found being used to make candy, pickles, crackers and seafood, it said, citing Han Yi, an official with the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, which is responsible for food safety.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/06/27/china.tainted.food.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

phg

The hidden cost of globalization.  No guarantee that American made products are much safer, but at least there's somebody you can sue.... >:D

Woolly Bugger

Good news from the FDA... http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/29/business/worldbusiness/29fish.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Hope that helps U.S. catfish farmers who were all but put out of business by this posionous crap that China has been selling to us...

QuoteThe F.D.A. said it decided to take the action after years of warnings and even a visit to Chinese fish ponds that resulted in no signs of improvement

'bout damn time! "after years of warnings"....
me -There's a season?

Psycho_Fisher

after reading this, I see the logic in a Heineken Diet.  ;D
Tight Lines & Put-Em-Back!

troutjedi

I do believe that it was this product that first alerted the FDA to the scope of the problem in China....

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutjedi on June 30, 2007, 10:00:50 AM
I do believe that it was this product that first alerted the FDA to the scope of the problem in China....

Nothing beats a good Crack Sandwich! They're addictive....
me -There's a season?

Arky_Dan

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 03, 2007, 09:10:57 AM
Quote from: troutjedi on June 30, 2007, 10:00:50 AM

Nothing beats a good Crack Sandwich! They're addictive....
I wonder who's crack they;er selling .  PLUMBERS CRACK OR OPRAHS CRACK . I apoligize for that one there .     Dan
work is for people who don't know how to fly fish !!!!!!

phg

Then there's this:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070710/ap_on_re_as/china_tainted_products

In China, if you do screw up, it can have serious consequences.

troutphisher

Swift justice, thats what I like about my little budda buddy's.
They don't mess around with appeals, your guilty, your gone.  0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.