News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

God bless our Veterans

Started by Fire-Fly, November 11, 2008, 08:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire-Fly

I had a hard time writing this post this morning thinking about my grandfathers who both served their country and both have gone to a better place. They served in WWII and Korea. One grandfather when he died still had shrapnel in him from WWII. Thank you to all the men and women who have served, God bless you.

Not much of a Billy Ray Cyrus fan but this song says everything for this day.

[yt=425,350]oL_K8G6jdHA[/yt]

Z-Man

A salute to my father - an army corpsman during WWII, deceased.
my father-in-law, a Marine at the beginning of the war and pilot of a landing craft on Iwo Jima, deceased.
My older brother, a Vietnam Vet, USAF, and
My younger brother, US Army Tank driver,
And all those who have served to make this country safe and free,
Thank you for your service.

bob ziegler
Sgt, USAF 1972-1976
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

Fire-Fly

kylemc

Thanks to all the vets and those still serving.

Fire-Fly

My wifes uncle (a vietnam vet) called me today and said lets go to Applebees for lunch, they were giving free meals for veterans so i told him yes. When we got there the place was packed, i guess alot of veterans had the same idea. As i sat there and looked around and saw the men in there VFW hats, men who served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and there were even a few young guys in uniform there as well men who are serving now in Iraq. I served during the Gulf wars. Tears came to my eyes as i thought that I was associated with great men like this and those who never came home, i had a sense of pride that i havent felt in along time. I'm proud to call myself a veteran. These men are true Heroes!

5xTippett

Good job, B.J.  My father was a gunner on an anti-tank gun during WWII.  He died a little over 4 years ago.   I learned to fly fish on Bradley Fork with him as a young boy.  I will fish Bradley Fork by myself Friday in his memory.  God Bless every veteran alive or dead.  We owe ya'll more than most people in this country have a clue.

cmiller51h

My Grangfather was a tank crewman on an M-4 Sherman in France and Germany under Patton. I heard stories from the time I could understand him. I knew back then that's what I wanted to to. My Dad was in the Navy, and now my son has started his journy into the military. I'm very proud of all of them. I guess it runs in the family.
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Dank

My grandfather was a bombadeer in WW2. His plane was shot down and he was help prisoner in a German POW camp for 2 years. He told me he would be given a stick of cream cheese to eat as rations for the week. Thinking back on times like that is amazing. For an incident like WW2 to have happened only about 50 years ago is unbelievable. Talk about scary times.

Stuart R.

Thanks guys for your service and you kin people's service. It means the "world" to me! I too had 2 grandfathers in WW II I am very proud to say that.

STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.