Yes, they offer permanent protection and access
2 (33.3%)
No, they open up remote places and too many visitors destroy the solitude
4 (66.7%)
One time at band camp
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Woolly Bugger

IVANHOE, N.C. - A century ago, a riverboat captain traveling down the Black River to trade goods in Wilmington would do anything possible to avoid getting tangled in the knotted burls and fallen limbs of the Three Sisters Swamp.

Today, the swamp is one of the river's greatest draws — and one of the world's most ancient natural sites.

When the water levels are just right, a kayak can squeeze through the swamp's winding channels into a grove of bald cypress trees dating back thousands of years.

Ancient trees a natural wonder at Three Sisters Swamp near Wilmington
http://wr.al/1GqJ6
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Stone-Man

As you know , Joe Johnson lives in Ivanhoe and is up to speed on this. Every time I hear that the Nature Conservancy is involved , I become skeptical.

JT

troutrus

If the money worshipers think they can make a dollar from it, the place won't be worth visiting within ten years. Let it be.

Woolly Bugger

By "improving" access, which is one of the missions of the NC Park System, they have destroyed the remoteness and beauty of the land, turning it into a tourist attraction. These places should be difficult to find and explore.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!