30 Minutes on the Smith Today

Started by rjs123, December 12, 2009, 18:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

I was out today and was just going to have a look at the water right before dark.  I decided to put the waders on and fish for a half an hour.  Thats about all I had since it was almost 5:00.  I caught 2 small browns and talked with a man who was fishing near me with bait.  He had hooked 2 fish using power bait that had broken his line.  Looks like they put some good size fish in when they stocked it this last week. They could have been browns but I doubt it.  From what Ive seen they dont hit power bait that often and I know the stocked bows love it.  If the rain isnt too bad I may go back there tomorrow and see if I can hook up with one of those on the fly rod.  Probably not though,  weather looks pretty bad for tomorrow. It was a lot darker than these pictures look.  I was using a high ISO setting.

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

fly4u

I almost came up around 2:00 but the sun went back in and I thought it would be better to stay . I raked / blew the leaves and now we are getting ready to go out with friends to eat. If I had come up there I would have gotten home a bout 15 min. ago and the yard would still look bad. I might get up early and be there at 8:00 or 9:00 in the morning...would that be to crazy. I have to be back by 2:00 or 3:00 at the latest.
" Thank You For Your Support "

5xTippett

They put some big boys in there last year.  Either Al or Peewee caught a grown brook trout. 

rjs123

Quote from: fly4u on December 12, 2009, 19:32:41 PM
I almost came up around 2:00 but the sun went back in and I thought it would be better to stay . I raked / blew the leaves and now we are getting ready to go out with friends to eat. If I had come up there I would have gotten home a bout 15 min. ago and the yard would still look bad. I might get up early and be there at 8:00 or 9:00 in the morning...would that be to crazy. I have to be back by 2:00 or 3:00 at the latest.

Watch the weather. We are supposed to get some freezing rain tonight.

Ham

I was out on the river today and yesterday. I caught some fresh stocked rainbows but no big ones. I talked to a fellow who said he caught two 19 inch rainbows on Friday. I also caught a nice brown-my best yet for the Smith.  :)

rjs123

Wow!  Great job!   Really nice brown.  0--0

Looks like your brown could eat my browns :)

Did you measure it?

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Ham

Thanks, I didn't measure it but I held my rod next to it and then measured where it spotted on the rod. Not the most scientific technique but I think it was 16 inches.

I'm curious-is the 4-11, 11-4 generation schedule due to high water levels in the lake?

5xTippett

rjs123

Quote from: Ham on December 12, 2009, 23:28:52 PM
Thanks, I didn't measure it but I held my rod next to it and then measured where it spotted on the rod. Not the most scientific technique but I think it was 16 inches.

I'm curious-is the 4-11, 11-4 generation schedule due to high water levels in the lake?

Im not sure but I dont like it.  I think one day next week they will generate from 4AM till midnight.