News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

It Appears (Sadly)

Started by Phil, May 03, 2011, 18:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

It seems (sadly) that many of you don't think I fly fish -- that I just come here to argue politics.

It appears that a lot of posters here don't think that I fish, and think that I just come here to spar with the conservatives.
Sorry that I haven't posted the obligatory fishing posts with the fashionable black background and white letters, the music intro, and the pics of hippie beer. Jeeze.

I've been fly fishing since 1973. I don't always run out and post the pics. Want some from recently?

Consider this a small fishing report. Would you like me to post 20 more pics? I won't dredge deeper into many other pics (since I don't have a scanner) , and I would appreciate it if you would stop saying that I don't fly fish. Thanks.  >:(

It's OK, though. I realize that a lot of you guys who haven't been fishing since the 1970's would think that I'm just an old geezer. Henheheh.

flatlander

This is a fly fishing board :o???

diaz dassie

Wow, your third report in over 4 years. You are a fly fisherman...

when you're sleeping :laugh:
BTW, those 1st two pics look like they were taken in 1973. Recently? My ass. Come on Phil, gimme the coords of that brookie stream you spiteful guy :P

Phil

Quote from: Transylwader on May 03, 2011, 19:02:46 PM
Wow, your third report in over 4 years. You are a fly fisherman...

when you're sleeping :laugh:
BTW, those 1st two pics look like they were taken in 1973. Recently? My ass. Come on Phil, gimme the coords of that brookie stream you spiteful guy :P

1973 my fucking ass. Those first pics were taken maybe 3 years ago.

I was recovering in 1973 from getting wounded in Vietnam in 1972, and started flyfishing as a rehab thing. I didn't take pics back then, but have the memories.  Fuck you for saying that, you dick.

The others were taken more recently. Would you like me to post some recent pics of the Spring and Fall PFF Shows that you didn't attend?

You'll pry my brookie streams out of my cold dead hand. I don't have GPS "coords" because I don't do that bullshit. I just go fish streams.

diaz dassie

Quote from: Phil on May 03, 2011, 19:19:49 PM
1973 my fucking ass. Those first pics were taken maybe 3 years ago.
Would you like me to post some recent pics of the Spring and Fall PFF Shows that you didn't attend?
You'll pry my brookie streams out of my cold dead hand.
Wow, all lines of defense armed, aim: FIRE!!! ^-^
1973 was a joke man, BTW, thanks for serving your country.
Yes, it would be nice to see some more pix.
I don't need the coords, it was a joke, because I have already fished your brookie stream.
Now, please, don't turn your own thread into a "slut fest" of other non-fishing related innuendos... >:D

robbcoats

Did I just see Hacksaw Jim Duggins with a rod?? :P

Flytie09!!

Phil is Rambo with a fly rod.  I love the colorful cast of characters on this board.  Give em hell Phil!  BTW, your can't start spouting shit sporting sandles and aviator sunglasses.  They'll eat you for lunch!!

[attach=1]

Phil

"I don't need the coords, it was a joke, because I have already fished your brookie stream."

I'll bet you $100 that you have not fished my favorite brookie stream, and that you do do not know where it is.
Yes, sometimes you are a Joke , Tranny.
Don't be dissin my Service Time, recovery, fishing time, and living up here secluded in the Mts. of NC away from shit.  You have never fished my favorite three brook trout streams. Sorry, Dude.  :D

MBB

Hey Phil, are you still playing the piano at the restaurant on Friday nights?  I plan on heading that way on Friday.

Phil

Quote from: MBB on May 03, 2011, 19:58:38 PM
Hey Phil, are you still playing the piano at the restaurant on Friday nights?  I plan on heading that way on Friday.

Yes, I'll be playing piano, guitar, and banjo there on Friday night. Just got back from a long weekend playing in Nashville.

diaz dassie

Quote from: Phil on May 03, 2011, 19:54:57 PM
"I don't need the coords, it was a joke, because I have already fished your brookie stream."

I'll bet you $100 that you have not fished my favorite brookie stream, and that you do do not know where it is.
Yes, sometimes you are a Joke , Tranny.
Don't be dissin my Service Time, recovery, fishing time, and living up here secluded in the Mts. of NC away from shit.  You have never fished my favorite three brook trout streams. Sorry, Dude.  :D
Well good for you Phil. I am glad you got that out of your system. Why make this post about me? By the way, have you learned how to make a U-turn on the parkway without causing mayhem? Good luck with that "seclusion" 'c;

Trout Maharishi

Phil,
Here's Phil with one of his trophies from a PFF. You are truly a legend in your own mind bd;0 ;D Are you wearing a skirt? :P Did you leave it on the hook and use it as bait? -0-
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

ScoutHikerDad

Hey Phil-SHD from the other forum. Even though I just signed on recently (I keep meaning to post a newbie intro), I remember you well from the, um, other forum. In fact, when all the crusty old codgers left, though I missed their friendly banter, wealth of knowledge for a guy new to the sport, and (mostly) good-natured ribbing, I missed your posts the most, and not necessarily your fishing reports.

Your hard-earned, world-weary wisdom expressed in more posts than you know really stuck with me. I still remember some of your stories about the war, and the fascinating era in which you came of age, the stories of the music and the colorful personalities behind it. Maybe I'll get to read some more of them here. 'c;

As for Tranny-wader, don't pay him any mind; he's not completely house-broken yet. And even though he is truly the crazy, hard-charging, drunken South African he portrays (he damn near killed me last weekend), underneath the hangover, he is a gentleman (don't ask me how I know).

Keep giving 'em hell. You've probably forgotten about more fishing than most of us will ever do.  Aaron

5xTippett

Filly, has it ever occurred to you, that maybe, just maybe, Wooly and the Maharishi are pretty nice guys? 

Note:  This post was in response to a particularly  foul mouthed post of Phil's which has been removed.

22midge

Hey5x that Wooly fellow seems to be ok but that Maharishi fellow cant even get a shadow to follow him. ;D ;D ;D
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life