Re: Alternative Fuels - Problems for

Started by Silver Creek, October 27, 2006, 11:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Creek

E85 Ethanol

I wouldn't want to be standing next to an E85 pump that has an internal leak.......BOOM.
Regards,

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

phg

I doubt that ethanol is as explosive as gasoline.  The biggest problem is that ethanol burns with a pale blue flame that cannot be seen in sunlight.  I'm sure some kind of additive could be found to rectify that.  As ethanol is in widespread use in other countries, all we need to do is tap into their experiences.  No need to make the same mistakes twice. 

Silver Creek

Great idea. I wonder what modificaations thet made to the pumps in Brazil?
Regards,

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Woolly Bugger

Not that is is a recommendation or anything but you may want to look at the Parent company of Gilbarco maker of 50% of gas pumps worldwide. DHR
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

I think we should move away from fossil fuel all together, there is no clean burning fossil fuels, and it takes a very expensive process to get it to the point it is today.
not very clean.

Hydrogen would be my first choice followed by strontium 90. Hydrogen's by product when burned is water, this is worth the investment and extra tax, I would rather support this, then waist more money trying to clean benzine products.

Strontium 90 is another challenge, but not impossible, it can be used as an energy source with very little bad by products, and its virtually an unlimited resource, but it would require a small fusion element to extract the energy. I don't think the anti nuke folks would buy into it, but I would.

Anyways my .02 worth
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.