News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fraser Fir, Brookies and Bonus Panfish

Started by Dougfish, July 05, 2021, 20:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Back to our WV haunt for the fourth. 3700 ft. Anne's childhood friend's Christmas tree farm. A house, guest quarters and a shop. A second house, outbuildings and more. Chores for me. Repairing a floor, electrical work, replacing a toilet, cleaning the shop, burn barrel project, security camera install, rescuing some furniture from a third house that has been left to time and elements. For all this, I get fed well, drink well and fish on the farm pond and trout stream. No AC, no TV. Days in the 70's, nights in the 50's.

I have sore mouthed every fish in this little pond many times over the years.
Good entertainment for two late afternoons.
Good wildflower sightings, too.

Green Fringed Orchid and more.

They had bought a new steel barrel for burning trash. I volunteered to provide drain and air holes. Granddad's .308 needed sighting in. Had not been fired in 35+ years?
Holes drilled at 200 feet.

Off to the brookie stream on Sunday. A bit of a piss trickle. Full of beautifully colored up fish. Caught 35-40 in a little over an hour. A couple of 8-9" fish were the big uns.
Fished the 7'9" Wonderod all weekend. Made in 1951. 70 years old and fishes great.

Caught 13 out of this pool, lost 3.

Big Hemlocks still exist.

And Purple Fringed Orchids.

And White Monkshood.

And lots of Nettle.  n!n

Going back in September.  :Dance

:cheers

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Trout Maharishi

That's a beautiful piece of property.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

greg

Beautiful plaice and fish. Gotta love the smell of Fraser fir. But damn I hate nettle.

Phil

troutboy_II

Bravo!  Double Bravo on flower pic's!

:cheers
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

brownhunter

That is some beautiful scenery and just a damn fine place to escape this world! Glad you were able to enjoy the fine things in life  :cheers
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Stone-Man

Thanks Doug-  pretty place with some damn pretty fish---------- good photography also
Several of those bream look to be hybrids of some sort  ???

JT

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Big J

That hit the spot Doug.  Take me in Sept!

driver

Quote from: Stone-Man on July 12, 2021, 13:34:17 PMThanks Doug-  pretty place with some damn pretty fish---------- good photography also

JT
Shell Cracker
Green Sunfish (odd for a pond)
Blue Gill
in that order

Onslow

Quote from: driver on July 14, 2021, 07:03:35 AM
Quote from: Stone-Man on July 12, 2021, 13:34:17 PMThanks Doug-  pretty place with some damn pretty fish---------- good photography also

JT
Shell Cracker
Green Sunfish (odd for a pond)
Blue Gill
in that order

Green Sunfish can be pond destroyer s.  I hate em.

benben reincarnated

Damn Doug, semi-auto .308, for when the deer just won't stop running.  My grandfather had a pump-action .270 Remington he hunted deer with that I know have, it would pass for a twin for your gun at arms length.