News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

My Turn

Started by Dougfish, April 27, 2015, 22:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Went fishing with cousin Jay today. It does not happen enough.
We decided to fish a river I had not fished in about 40 years. He had not been on it in 20+.
I was up early and dashed up to Fredricksburg to transfer my stuff to his newly repaired Suburban.
It did not want to start.  b';
We transferred things to his Tahoe.
As we bounced along the inbound fire road, I remembered I left the beer behind. Then I remembered my camera was still in the Suburban.
With my jacket. After we parked, Jay found out his jacket wasn't transferred. Oh, yeah, this is looking good.  >:(
New cellphone pics. Meh.

Giant Chickweed

Canada Mayflower

Bluets

Helleborine Orchid False Hellebore

0:0

rbphoto

looks like a great time out and on the water.  Nicely done, Doug!
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Dee-Vo

Turned out a hell of a lot better than it began. Hell yea.

benben reincarnated

Doug those are some great pics. 

That stream reminds me of the lower section of a stream I've fished quite a few times in recent years. 

Dougfish

In the span of a couple of miles, that river changes character and size three times. We fished a stretch upper and the lower.
Did not fish much either. Cuz can't do the mildly stupid shit that even I attempt.
BTW, it was chilly. Mine were all on nymphs.

The Dude

Good looking stream
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

You've had some bad juju going on lately.  The fishing looked like it was all good juju though.  Good cellphone pictures too by the way. 

Dougfish

Samsung Galaxy S6. Nice camera.
Did not like taking a new $700 phone on the river.
Managing a fish and getting a phone out of a zip lock bag was not fun.

Grannyknot

Cell phone pics turned out good Doug.
I bet they make a waterproof case for that phone that you can take pictures with.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

benben reincarnated

Doug, I had to dig up some pics just to see and compare.   Haven't fished this section pictured below since 2 years ago, but damn it looks similar to your creek.  The upper section does NOT look like this at all.

Big J

He's fooling you all, this isn't the SNP, he went down to NC.  The spring trip down in NC made him say screw VA streams and he is ball to the wall NC now. 8)

Aka

Quote from: Dougfish on April 28, 2015, 07:08:56 AM

Solid TR Doug E Fresh. What happened to that retro phone you had a couple weeks back, the vintage blackberry? I bet if you hold onto it for another couple years you can get some cash for it from an antique phone collector.

Grannyknot

Quote from: AKAaron on April 28, 2015, 07:48:20 AM
Quote from: Dougfish on April 28, 2015, 07:08:56 AM

Solid TR Doug E Fresh. What happened to that retro phone you had a couple weeks back, the vintage blackberry? I bet if you hold onto it for another couple years you can get some cash for it from an antique phone collector.

HAHAHAHAHA.
I forgot about dougs 1st gen blackberry.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: AKAaron on April 28, 2015, 07:48:20 AM
What happened to that retro phone you had a couple weeks back, the vintage blackberry? I bet if you hold onto it for another couple years you can get some cash for it from an antique phone collector.

I don't think hipsters are getting blackberrys just yet, but flip phones are a commodity now.  Give it a few more years.  I think I still have two of my old blackberrys. 

Dee-Vo

Lifeproof that Galaxy. Bitches are tough. I've used one for a long while.