OBL death photo?

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 04, 2011, 09:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Release it or not

Yes! Show it!
11 (39.3%)
No, no need for it to be released.
14 (50%)
One time at band camp, I saw some photos.
3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 25

benben reincarnated

Quote from: troutphisher on May 04, 2011, 18:57:30 PM
Warning Graphic Images..........

Not OBL, but his three com-padres have looked, and I am  quite sure they have felt better.

Leave it to the Germans to post such images..........Prost! Lansman..... 'c;

http://www.reuters.com/subjects/bin-laden-compound

Found it interesting that the article pointed out some possible irregularities/uniqueness in the downed chopper, being an aviation buff and wanting to know more, a quick google search found this:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/top-secret-stealth-helicopter-program-revealed-osama-bin/story?id=13530693

Pretty cool stuff I think.

Al

Quote from: Phil on May 04, 2011, 17:04:19 PM
That's what the enemy does. Why should we?

Because the way to win a war is to beat the crap out of your enemy and leave him and any left over with such fear of us that we are left in relative peace for at least a generation, maybe two generations. Then when they raise their ugly head you do it all over again.

You may recall the Koreans in RVN were held in great respect from the NVA and Viet Cong. That is because they did not get involved with "nation building" - they just went out and beat the hell of any VC unit and any local village which supported them. Once they cleared an area it remained cleared out of fear of a repeat performance.

Phil

Al, you are still doing Vietnam. We lost there.

It's not the same now.

Spec Ops went in secretly and took Bin Laden out, after 10 years of bullshit.  Good job.

That's it. No pics -- no trophies. 

troutphisher

Quote from: Phil on May 04, 2011, 19:12:56 PM
Those are the bogus pics going around on the net, Dude.

Read the article with your "good eye".....not the glass one......DUDE...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

mecnc

I say put it out there.
A picture is worth a 1000 words.
If you kill Americans it may take 10 fucking years but you'll end up dying from lead poisoning.

Beetle

Quote from interview with Obama about releasing the pictures:

"That's not who we are," Mr. Obama added. "You know, we don't trot out this stuff as trophies." He said, "We don't need to spike the football."

"Certainly there's no doubt among Al Qaeda members that he is dead," he said on "60 Minutes." "And so we don't think that a photograph in and of itself is going to make any difference. There are going to be some folks who deny it. The fact of the matter is, you will not see Bin Laden walking on this earth again."

You know I don't like his domestic policies- but I have to agree with him on this.  We're above that and need to move on.

rbphoto

Quote from: Phil on May 04, 2011, 19:35:42 PM
Al, you are still doing Vietnam. We lost there.

I always thought we simply quit in Vietnam.

Of all the guys I've interviewed over the years who served in Vietnam - mostly from my Dad's generation - have never forgiven the politicians for giving up the ground they and their buddies sacrificed so much to win.

I don't care if a picture ever shows up.  It really doesn't matter to me.  The snake will grow a new head and eventually it will be nastier than the one we just cut off.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Phil

"I always thought we simply quit in Vietnam."

Partially true. The support of the nation was no longer there. The politicians and military leaders caved in, and we withdrew. Basically. we lost. That was my point.
On another note, being in Vietnam in late 1971 and early 1972 was FUBAR. It was a complete piece of shit. We were doing missions that were insane.

Read some history.

Phil

"It is laughable how the left all agree with Obama not releasing the photo yet the applaud him for giving the order to shoot an unarmed man in front of his 12 yr old daughter. I could personally care less that this occurred but these liberals are the same jackasses who felt it was just fine to show pictures of flag draped coffins returning to the US in every major left-leaning trash rag printed. They cried about torture and prison camps too. They protested at Crawford and stalked Bush everywhere he went. They didn't have shit to say when Uday and Qusay Hussein's death photos were published or how about abu Mussab al-Zarqawi (The dune coon piece of shit that beheaded Nick Berg amongst other Americans) No there was no complaints when his death photo was released. In fact the only thing I recall was uber-douche Ramsey Clark (former AG under Johnson) volunteering to defend Sadam Hussein before his neck got stretched real good at the gallows... No, none of these incidents would offend the jibs or cause a spark in violence which would lead to dozens if not hundreds more soldiers sailors marines and airmen being killed; but, then again, that's just what the left wanted... isn't it? That way it is so much easier to get a high quality leader like Obama voted into office. The proof is in the protests... I don't see code pinko and mother Sheehan protesting outside the Obama-Rezko mansion on Chicago's south side or Billy Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn blowing up government offices in protest... That's all the proof I need."

Jaysus. You are a complete nutjob IMO. Get some therapy, maybe. Or maybe some anti-rabies shots.  :o

Trout Maharishi

Friend of mine that I served with sent me this today, crude, but kinda funny :-\

Bin Laden Given Religious Funeral Prior to Sea Burial
Published May 02, 2011

Osama bin Laden was given a religious funeral prior to his burial at sea,
senior
military officials told Fox News.

Religious rites were conducted on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson aircraft
carrier at about 1:10 a.m. Monday <x-apple-data-detectors://6>  in the
Persian Gulf.

In accordance with Islamic practice, bin Laden was washed and wrapped in a
white sheet before buried at sea at 2 a.m. <x-apple-data-detectors://7>
local time, senior U.S. military
and intelligence officials said.

Then, "In accordance with common US Navy SEAL practice, the Team pissed on
him, stuck a pulled pork sandwich in his mouth and a kosher hot dog up his
ass, and pushed the Mother Fucker overboard with the other garbage," a
senior SEAL officer said.

(Oorah!! - Job well done!)

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Phil

Phanatic, I completely respect your service to this country.

I am completely opposed to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I do not support Bush/ Obama's policies in Afghanistan. Sorry you are caught up in those needless messes that are costing American blood and money.

I fail to see how we are accomplishing anything there. Much like Vietnam.

Phil

The endless multiple Tours of Duty you guys are are having to endure is WRONG.
I wish there was a solution.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Troutphanatic--

"Our lives are not worth it. Phil fought an assed up war that served no clear purpose so I understand when he gets pissed off. I further understand any vet whose service was compulsory. On the contrary, I volunteered and continue to do so. I once saw Afghanistan as a noble endeavor. I now see it as a giant shit-pond of US political quagmire with no clear objective and no end in site."

You are correct.

BTW -- I wasn't drafted. I volunteered and signed up in 1970 at the age of 17. It wasn't compulsory in my case. My brother had gotten married and his wife was pregnant. He was a stupid college student who had taken ROTC and was gonna get sent to Vietnam for sure. He was drafted.
I went in his place as his sole surviving relative thing.

He died of a drug overdose. Go figure.

Al

"Our lives are not worth it. Phil fought an assed up war that served no clear purpose so I understand when he gets pissed off. "

Tell that to the 58 K whose names are on the wall and all the Vietnamese, Cambodians and Laotians who lost their lives once we pulled out.

We were winning but we were not winning fast enough to suit the folks back home. Then as soon as Nixon announced we were going to have a draw down all they had to do was wait us out - and of course no one wanted to be the last guy killed for what was already announced as a lost cause. That's when you saw all the fraggings and doped up GI's just putting in their time and marking their short timers calendar.