News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Yellow Devils

Started by Discomidge, July 26, 2008, 15:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: DJ65 on July 27, 2008, 19:39:51 PMToo much Yuengling makes a person do some stupid shit.  0--0 ;hb

Yes and it's ususally preceded by phases like, "hey watch this", or "hold my drink" ;HBO
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 27, 2008, 19:40:23 PM
I hate bees, wasp, yellow jackets, etc. I was stung one time about 50 times around the neck and head. My head was swollen up the size of a pumpkin. They had to take my brain out to relieve the pressure. Worked great, swelling went down overnight, and so far I haven't missed it. ;D

;D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

kylemc

DJ65

We found 2 more nests today. We did a little surveying of the area and only found one. Brett found the other one while weedeating, again. Swarmed like hell so he left the weedeater and ran. Didn't get stung but he did bring a few of the bastages back in the house for me.  :o  Needles to say, I was hopping around and swatting in the livingroom.  ;D I gonna just gas the whole area.  ;D

Beetle

I found a nest of yellow jackets between a window and the siding of the house.  Very odd to find them anywhere but in the ground.

They got pissed at my presence and I could hear the whole swarm of them getting ready to come out.  Of course, I got stung in the head before I could get away and my head swelled up like a cantaloupe.

They got nuked later that evening. :j

Oldman

Kim said he was mowing again today. Guess he is better or maybe delerious.

Oldman

Quote from: DJ65 on July 28, 2008, 19:21:04 PM
We found 2 more nests today. We did a little surveying of the area and only found one. Brett found the other one while weedeating, again. Swarmed like hell so he left the weedeater and ran. Didn't get stung but he did bring a few of the bastages back in the house for me.  :o  Needles to say, I was hopping around and swatting in the livingroom.  ;D I gonna just gas the whole area.  ;D

I hear Napalm works well.

DJ65

A flamethrower has entered my mind.  >:D ;D

Trout Maharishi

MIx a little dishwashing liquid with that gas. Then you'll have yourself a little homemade napalm >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

DJ65

If me and TM were drinking beer we'd be in jail.  >:D 0--0

9ft4wt

Kim:

I found my first one Sunday. Only got stung twice. I have found that the following mathematical formula seems to cure the sting quite nicely:

Y3xB = 0P.

9ft4wt

walt

Quote from: Beetle on July 28, 2008, 20:00:56 PM
I found a nest of yellow jackets between a window and the siding of the house.  Very odd to find them anywhere but in the ground.

They got pissed at my presence and I could hear the whole swarm of them getting ready to come out.  Of course, I got stung in the head before I could get away and my head swelled up like a cantaloupe.

i got some damn bees er sumthin under the siding of my house next to the chimney, some even made there way into the house...... they ain't yj's, may be honey bees.... i tried wasp/bee killer.... 3 or 4 cans, they just laughed and chased me off.

how'd ya nuke them beetle w/o burning the house down?

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Woolly Bugger

if they're just swarming and not setting up shop, they will move on all by themselves in an hour or a couple of days. They are sending out scouts to look for a new place to live.... honey bees are good, if they hang around too long you may be able to find a bee keeper who will come and collect them for ya...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Quote from: walt on July 30, 2008, 13:36:45 PM
Quote from: Beetle on July 28, 2008, 20:00:56 PM

i got some damn bees er sumthin under the siding of my house next to the chimney, some even made there way into the house...... they ain't yj's, may be honey bees.... i tried wasp/bee killer.... 3 or 4 cans, they just laughed and chased me off.

how'd ya nuke them beetle w/o burning the house down?

wally

Who ya gona call.....http://www.bee-busters.com/
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

walt

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 30, 2008, 13:44:00 PM
if they're just swarming and not setting up shop, they will move on all by themselves in an hour or a couple of days. They are sending out scouts to look for a new place to live.... honey bees are good, if they hang around too long you may be able to find a bee keeper who will come and collect them for ya...

from yer link....

"An old English ditty says:

A swarm of bees in May is worth a load of hay;
    A swarm of bees in June is worth a silver spoon;
    A swarm of bees in July isn't worth a fly. "

ditty this....

screw the bastids  :j

wally  ;D

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy