News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Yellow Devils

Started by Discomidge, July 26, 2008, 15:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discomidge

Be on the lookout...it's the time of year and there seems to be more than normal. Today I found the 7th nest of the year...by accident cutting grass. That's the 2nd I have found by accident :o...the 1st one was about 6 stings...this one close to 18 as well as I can tell. Wouldn't have been near as bad if my mower woulda drove itself outta there without me. Luckily I'm not allergic...well not at this moment, except for both calves and an arm being on fire, coulda been worse...they coulda flew up my shorts ;D. Kinda dread pourin' $5 worth a diesel down the hole...maybe I'll drown them bastages. Keep on the Lookout!!!

Kim 8)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Oldman

I thought the same dang thing when I mowed my back 40 pasture. Get stung and cant fish Sunday. Just put some bacca juice on it. Little buggers, I hate em.

Woolly Bugger

i hate them too, we get one or two nest a year... my son found it cutting the grass didn't get stung... killed the nest, sent him out the next day to finish the lawn and he gets stung by a random yellow jacket....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Discomidge

Quote from: Oldman on July 26, 2008, 15:50:27 PM
. Just put some bacca juice on it.

I'd have ta take a bath in it Rex...although I probably have once or twice ;D

Kim 8)

troutphisher

Kim,

Damn! that musta hurt!

I hear beer takes the sting away  0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Gofisher

Disco, can ya come cut my lawn for me?  0--0
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

peter p

Glad I am not the only one.  I found two nests while weeding.  One of those bastards followed me all the way into my house.  I am not sure how many times I got stung, but I was almost at the ER last Friday.   
Peter

Discomidge

Yuengling numbing agent........................$6.50
Sting Relief ointment..............................$3.95
Gasoline...............................................$1.25
Sweet Revenge.....................................Priceless

Yellow Debils  18   >:D
Disco  597   ;hb

troutphisher

[yt=425,350]U2wT43Y6xSI[/yt]

I don't hear these guys complaning............ya wuss  ;D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

so I get home and the lawn is 4/5 done and the lawnmower is abandoned in the driveway. I called my son who is over at a friends working for the next 3 days, what's up. Swarm of angry yellow jackets chased him off.....

I'll get them tonight!!!  >:D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

I hate em, fish love em 8)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Now theres the proper use for the yellow devils.......feed'em to the feeeesh!

DJ65

I found one mowing last weekend and my stepson found one weedeating this weekend. Neither of us got stung. ::) We couldn't locate his but found mine. It got a gallon of petrol. Later on, after a beer or 8, I decided to declare war on another nest. Using my beer induced intelligence, I fashioned a long torch and soaked it with weedeater gas, lit it and burned the bastages good. I couldn't use the gas down the hole trick cause we'd fired about 6 shotgun blasts at it earlier. The torch thing worked good until one of em decided he'd had enough and nailed me on the side. Too much Yuengling makes a person do some stupid shit.  0--0 ;hb

Trout Maharishi

I hate bees, wasp, yellow jackets, etc. I was stung one time about 50 times around the neck and head. My head was swollen up the size of a pumpkin. They had to take my brain out to relieve the pressure. Worked great, swelling went down overnight, and so far I haven't missed it. ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 27, 2008, 19:40:23 PM
I hate bees, wasp, yellow jackets, etc. I was stung one time about 50 times around the neck and head. My head was swollen up the size of a pumpkin. They had to take my brain out to relieve the pressure. Worked great, swelling went down overnight, and so far I haven't missed it. ;D

Bwaahaaaaaaa..............sheeeeet, thanks for the beer spill.