News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Greetings from CO

Started by MuddlerMan, December 07, 2010, 19:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuddlerMan

Well, I've made my way to Colorado and it was an adventure getting here. There really were no highlights to the drive, Kansas is long and windy, and there was really nothing to see once you got out of the mountains of TN on I-40. But, I've settled in and managed to wet a line. The ranch I'm working on sits right on the headwaters of the Colorado River, which is mostly frozen and sitting on private land. BUT, head about 15 miles down the road (which can be treacherous), and you hit public access water that is completely open and flowing freely.

I managed to get in a half day of fishing on Sunday. The fishing was good, the catching sucked. Froze my butt off for not a single bite, but it was good to be out there after a week of not fishing. Undeterred, I made my way back out today in the driving snow. I'm adding my snow report also. Fished for a while in the snow and managed my fish CO trout, a feisty brown. Got my hands wet and the wind started blowing. Not a good combo. Fished the rest of the day with no luck and headed to the warmth of my bunk and a beer. Don't know if anyone cares, but I'll keep you posted.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Grateful Dead

Woolly Bugger

very cool, how long are you planning to be out there? what are you doing, wrangling llamas?
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

blue ridge angler

hell yeah man..that kicks ass..what kind of work are you doing out there?

diaz dassie

Ma maihn!Good to see that youre still sore lipping those buggers. Surprized the Mazda handles all that snow! Maybe see you in June? NC is getting on my tits. Gotto seek some adventure in new places...Epic pix as usual.

MuddlerMan

I'm a ranch hand at this ranch I'm working on, which means I'm the ranch bitch.  I do whatever they tell me to.  I'm originally working til Feb 26, but I've been told I can stick around through summer.  There is a bad-ass stream that runs through the middle of the ranch that has massive bows in it.  Thing is, it's too frozen to fish right now.  I'm about 20 miles from Rocky Mnt National Park, which I plan on thoroughly exploring after the snow melt.  Until then, I guess I'm stuck on the Colorado Public Access, lots of barbed wire around here.  Not feeling the whole getting shot thing.  And yes, sometimes I have to wrangle the llama, the others are alpacas, and they all suck.  Peace
"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Grateful Dead

blue ridge angler

Kick ass..Sounds like an adventure if nothing else..and if it lets you get some quality fishing in then however shitty the job is it's still probably worth it.. -0- -0-

Get Bent

Soooooo you are a ranch hand....... :o If you can make it over to Steamboat, the Yampa tailwater below Stagecoach has some piggies.. It may be a long drive because of the snow, but its an option.  -0-
Konichiwa Bitches!

Rhody

if you get the chance, wonder down to summit county and fish the blue right under the interstate at the outlet mall-not the most picturesque, but in the winter time it can be $$$$$$-and take those dayz off and go down south to their tailwaters  -0-

damn, i miss it out there, have a good winter, make sure to get in some skiing and winter fishin.............
leave no turn unstoned--------or something like that

keep up the reports!
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Get Bent

Found this pic of Muddler ;D

Konichiwa Bitches!

Woolly Bugger

Just remember: "We use the llama to ride into town!"
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

MuddlerMan

Haha that's my duty every morning....not.  Fuck the llamas

Quote from: Get Bent on December 08, 2010, 11:35:57 AM
Found this pic of Muddler ;D