News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2015 Warm Water

Started by Big J, January 01, 2015, 18:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheYiman

Thanks y'all.  As much fun as Muskies are ... I'm kinda looking forward to Smallie season.  Hopefully, I'll have some more warmwater goodness for this thread in about a month.

You take a pick of the pune Jack?  I want to catch some pickerel to add to the toothy critters list.

overbrook

I'm pretty sure I fished that pond on Bragg back in the late 80's ...there was a 7 PD. Bass cruising the bank near the parking area that I fucked with for about two hrs and she wouldn't hit a damn thing. I finally thru a simple hair worm out...let it settle to the bottom...I let the big girl have a look at it then as she resumed cruising back and forth I waited...and as she approached it for the third time I gave it a twitch....she hit it like she was pissed!
Then on the ride home I buried my monty Carlo in the fuckin sand on one of those training roads.....fuckin sand!  p;-

Transylwader

Here's the pune of Jesus.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Cute lil fucker. Duck billed and toofy.

Prefer these 4lb spotties from Lake Wylie
A little birdie told me where to find Bowfin around the Tar River.
But don't forget, the next stop? Visit whitey /'/

ptfranze

Whitey isn't here yet, went out today for a skunking before the rain really started.  Got the license checked in the parking lot no one was catching today but he said people were catching some small males earlier in the week. 

They will be here soon though V:;

Transylwader

Quote from: ptfranze on March 14, 2015, 13:29:58 PM
Whitey isn't here yet.
Well neither was this whitey.
Oh well. I am glad I delegated the peckies at the office to cover my ass and hit Wylie/Bragg. I am watching too much basketball, tying too many flies, drinking too many beers and watching the lake turn to liquid shit stain :'(.
I suspect the same pattern, work until the window opens and blaze north west n chuck em red over whites.
Holla atcha boy

Michael Toris

Ole spork blew somebody today I guess. This bitch was hungry tho

bmadd

That's a fat musky. Hot damn  'c;

benben reincarnated

Good job bitches.  Good job. 

Transylwader

Jesus, way to steal my virgin esox thunder. Fuck you guys, I hope one of them bites your junk off so you can't wank >:(

Michael Toris

Quote from: Transylwader on March 14, 2015, 21:09:12 PM
Jesus, way to steal my virgin esox thunder. Fuck you guys, I hope one of them bites your junk off so you can't wank >:(

TheYiman

Tranny- sweet mini-musky!  I like all Esox.  I'm gonna chase some of those soon, once bmadd gets them dialed in...

And damn boys, that is a fat Musky!  Nice work all around.

'c;

overbrook

Quote from: troutfanatic on March 14, 2015, 08:46:48 AM
Quote from: overbrook on March 13, 2015, 22:33:55 PM
I'm pretty sure I fished that pond on Bragg back in the late 80's ...there was a 7 PD. Bass cruising the bank near the parking area that I fucked with for about two hrs and she wouldn't hit a damn thing. I finally thru a simple hair worm out...let it settle to the bottom...I let the big girl have a look at it then as she resumed cruising back and forth I waited...and as she approached it for the third time I gave it a twitch....she hit it like she was pissed!
Then on the ride home I buried my monty Carlo in the fuckin sand on one of those training roads.....fuckin sand!  p;-

I'd say you are speaking of the same place. We did some four wheeling yesterday too. Then again, a lot of the ponds and lakes on Bragg have some pretty hairy roads around them. I have been curious about the status of the fishery for some time. I fished it heavily in the late 80s and there were some monsters in several places. In the late 90s, when I came back it wasn't as good. When they jacked up the price on the permit I quit buying them especially if I bought one in January only to find out I was going overseas in the spring or summer for a year.
If you were there in the 80's I might have delivered you a pizza LOL ...I worked as a layout artist at a trophy shop on Bragg Blvd. and delivered pizza at night for Crusty's just off post... I think Radford Rd. ?? Fuck I dunno...that was  like 30yrs ago.

Big J

That is a fat musky!  bd;0

Sporks first?

Onslow

Mirror carp and a snapper in a matter of a week, damn.  V:;

bullship

Dear lord I need to go fishing
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot