News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Buzzard Bay Drum

Started by WhiteMtnFlyGuy, May 17, 2010, 08:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteMtnFlyGuy

I have been exploring areas around Bald Head Island in search of flyfishing opportunities. Not far from the dock is a shallow sheltered area the locals call Buzzard Bay. All I can say is WOW! :o. I have fished Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida and Georgia for Redfish, but in the short time I've been here, none of those places compare to what NC has to offer. You tarheels are blessed with some world class fishing.

Stephen

Were you sight fishing? Any fish tailing down there? From a boat?

I fish the Morehead City area a bit with some luck sight fishing. I've been meaning to venture down that way though to check things out. Heading to MHC this weekend actually.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Trout Maharishi

After a review of your post I would like to know a couple things, are you gonna get a camera for X-mas, and are you going to quit creeping around here doing those bad things?  :-\ >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

WhiteMtnFlyGuy

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on December 19, 2010, 20:51:10 PM
After a review of your post I would like to know a couple things, are you gonna get a camera for X-mas, and are you going to quit creeping around here doing those bad things?  :-\ >:D
I already have several cameras, don't need another at this time. I've no idea what your talking about in the second part of your question.

Beetle

Next time- post some pics and move on.  That place gets hammered enough without you vectoring every joker with a john boat to it.

Thanks for your cooperation

Trout Maharishi

Anyone have the GPS numbers handy? If all you need is a jon boat I should be fine in my van boat :D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

trouthemp

were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

troutphisher

This is my new invention, the chair-boat.
It gives me the high casting platform, and I can watch TV when the fishing slows.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

WhiteMtnFlyGuy

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on December 29, 2010, 14:37:52 PM
Anyone have the GPS numbers handy? If all you need is a jon boat I should be fine in my van boat :D

diaz dassie

Quote from: WhiteMtnFlyGuy on December 29, 2010, 22:03:01 PM

This is where those dumbass Ruskies had mechanical probs with their Nuclear Sub the Kursk. Oh fuck...I just let the cat out the b';

Hawgkiller

Awesome Dude!  This is why I joined this board in the first place!  Look forward to mauling and hauling at BB!!!!!

Get Bent

Quote from: Hawgkiller on January 03, 2011, 22:47:50 PM

Awesome Dude!  This is why I joined this board in the first place!  Look forward to mauling and hauling at BB!!!!!

WTF is Mauling and Hauling?
Konichiwa Bitches!

diaz dassie

Quote from: Get Bent on January 04, 2011, 20:28:31 PM
WTF is Mauling and Hauling?
Are you shitting me Ryan? Its what they do in Coal Country Goddamit!