Anyone ever throw on of the Bank Robbers

Started by ctchrelz, March 15, 2012, 12:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctchrelz

The Bank robber rod by St. Croix?

I am thinking it would make a good 7wt streamer rod.

pt

22midge

That's what Kelly Galloup developed the rod for........wanting to hear the report on this one.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

The Dude

I keep hearing some many comments along the lines of, "If Kelly Galloup designed it, no doubt it will be a great streamer rod."  And yet, after being on the market for over a year, I still haven't heard a single person who has purchased the rod and can give feedback on it.  It is an odd phenomena, indeed.  Either it has a hush-hush cult following of tight-lipped owners, or they haven't been selling for shit.  I was this close to purchasing one recently, but I just couldn't find any first-hand reviews for the life of me.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

22midge

couldn't get anything from the sponsors at the fly fishing show. You might just be right. Sure hate that they discontinued the Legand ultra rods.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

kylemc

Allen at 3 Rivers Angler has them and I was asking about them. He said the thing he liked about them was that you could really lift the line(350 gr Streamer express) out of the water. He is bring one for me to fish and I will give a first hand report. Call Allen Peter and if you buy one, buy it from him. You know he can't help he is that way ;D

snagaluffaguss

Med fast with lots a power in the butt section (ain't that what we are all looking for)

Its about right for its price point

I never could figure out trying to market a rod for one specific task.  Especially for slapping meat (Maybe McLovin would dig on it)

I cant tell that it is any better or worse than another 7wt in its range for its specified task.

The fighting butt was small.

Its a 90's era Legend Ultra back when fast action meant something different than it does now.

Id fish one if some one gave it to me. 

Id give it a 6 on a 1-10 scale

1-SA Wally World Rod
2-Low end Orivs
3-Low end St. Croix
4-Any TFO
5-High end Orvis rod
6-Bank Robber/Scott A series
7-Legend Ultra
8-Legend Elite
9-Sage One
10- Scott S4, S4s, or G series

Get Bent

Quote from: kylemc on March 15, 2012, 15:38:47 PM
Allen at 3 Rivers Angler has them and I was asking about them. He said the thing he liked about them was that you could really lift the line(350 gr Streamer express) out of the water. He is bring one for me to fish and I will give a first hand report. Call Allen Peter and if you buy one, buy it from him. You know he can't help he is that way ;D

Hello Kyyyyyyylllllleeeeeeee!
Konichiwa Bitches!

kylemc

Rhody

i gotta sage one 8 wt for hucking meat and reds, had to pry it out of bra's hands last time we fished, and he is dyed in the wool scott man, that damn 8 feels like a 5 or 6 wt, saves me a gap by not needing a 7, and it works for so many conditions its hard to beat---except the $$$

snag likes it, his scott just want let him admit it, but look where he put it in his breakdown, and sage never leaves his lips-snags breakdown was pretty spot on i thought-except i would flip the s4s and the one-the one is a little slower than the xps and z axis if you have fished them, but plenty of backbone to lift sinking lines
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.