News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Okay....Here Goes....

Started by Drifter, December 31, 2011, 20:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drifter

Here's the intro.....54 years old....live in GA most of the time but spend weekends around Dillsboro...on the Tuck. Use a driftboat a lot because I'm lazy. Been fishing for troots about 40 years or so. Tie a few flies and built a few rods. Enjoy a good single malt and hand-rolled Dominican stogies. Spend a considerable amount of time backpacking and fishing in GSMNP. I try to scrape up the cheese to backpack and fish in MT and AK each summer. Make a trip whenever I can to the 'Glades. I mention all that only because I'll gladly tell you what I know if you're headed that way and have questions. I dabble in photography and enjoy documenting my travels by way of the camera. Hopefully I have something to offer the folks of this fine establishment. Before I forget....I'll buy the first virtual round of your favorite adult beverage. I recognize a few of you from other places on the Innerweb. If the esteemed moderator of BRFFF approves my app.....I'll promise to close the door behind me, no grip and grins, no fish-on-a-rock pics, and will not be a dick. If you find yourself around D-boro give me a shout.

The goods:

GSMNP
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Montana

Wyoming

Alaska

Florida / Flamingo

Photography

Driftboat

Sorry....no Google boobs :-)

FoulHook

bd;0  sick pics man! Please come on in if there's more of that to come!  'c;
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Big J

Now that's an intro! Sure beats the trolls that have been coming around

Jfey

You officially suck!  Welcome to the party -0-

Wyoming pic is outstanding.  'c;
Yup, going fishing

Stuart R.

Great pics, and a super sweet boat!
Stu
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

Aka

That brookie pic is just money. The bar in the AK pic is looking at you like a fat man eyes the last piece of pizza, skinny bars make me nervous.

Stuart R.

CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

flatlander

Welcome aboard.

Is that lake in Wyoming in the Winds?

Love the boat....Tatman kit?

Great photos.

Woolly Bugger

welcome to the low rent district
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

mecnc

nice pics man. the bear looking over your shoulder is way cool.  'c;

Drifter

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Flatlander....that photo is from the Abasaroka Beartooth Wilderness near Cooke City, MT.....not too far from the Winds.....and yes...the boat is a kit from Tatman. I bought it about 14 or 15 years ago and had it shipped to ATL. That was back when you seldom saw a driftboat east of the Mississippi. It was a fun father-and-sons project. Look for me on the Tuck whenever they run some water.

There's a story behind the bear photo. We had just jet-boated up American Creek in Katmai National Park. My two sons were rigging up....they are pretty competitive and each wanted to beat the other to the water. They were totally oblivious to what was going on behind them. The youngest (with the white cap) was two weeks away from beginning boot camp at Parris Island....so one last fishing trip for awhile. Right now....he's in the Upper Sangin Valley / Helmand Province with the Marines of 1st Battalion 6th Marine Regiment....showing the Taliban some love. Semper Fi by the way....to all the Devildogs and Jarheads on the message board.

Hopefully I'll have something to offer to this forum. I've been lurking for awhile and perusing the info on this site regarding smallmouth bass.

Happy New Year.....Drifter

benben reincarnated

Welcome aboard.  Those pics are some sick chit.   bd;0

Transylwader

Im liking you a shit ton right now. Press Continue for extra play -0-

natureboy

Welcome aboard! Excellent photos! Give a shout if you ever head north to the Old Dominion.  0:0

ncguy

Welcome! Look like everyone's gonna need to step their game up! 8)