Unlimited Anything But Fishing

Started by snagaluffaguss, March 25, 2013, 19:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullship

I went to myrtle once and ate mushrooms. It was pretty ok
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

sanjuanwormhatch

One time, when I was 16, I took about 16 rum shots and stage dived at the house of blues.  Good times!

Beetle

In honor of Eric's pilgrimage, I hereby resurrect this gem......

You're welcome..... :P

Big J

Got a decent photo of a Red Shouldered Hawk in the yard today.  Most of the time they fly off when I go back in to get the camera, this one cooperated.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

rbphoto

Saturday, hell, I don't even remember what the weather was like Saturday, I just know I found myself working for 5 hrs on what should have taken about 30 minutes.

They used to make houses stout. Even with a tile bit and carbide hole saw, this took far too long.

Drill, charge the battery, rinse, repeat.  I neglected to pack the corded drill.

I also neglected to remember that the 2" mortar bed behind tile can sometimes run much thicker, which resulted in a change in anchoring plans.  From toggles to epoxy anchors.

But, I got grab bars up in my uncle's shower:

Sunday was a drive to Georgetown to start replacing this:

which is 1963-ish 35-ton hand chain CRANE.   Every movement requires you to pull a chain.  The hoist is approximately 700:1 on the "high speed chain" which means to move a load 1' you have to move 700' of hand chain.  I don't want to think about the non-high speed hand chain.  I pulled on that stupid thing for almost an hour today without a load on it.  My arms still want to fall off.

There is a new hoist going on the crane, which will then  be motorized itself:

That hoist is going to barely fit in a 10' x 16' floor opening and even then it will have to be rigged to go up sideways or on it's end.  I will miss all that fun.

We did get a little 15-ton mobile crane to set scissor lifts and a bunch of other goodies  up on the work floor today:

Oh, and there are few things that smell as bad, and linger as long in your clothing, truck or sinuses, as a paper mill.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Big J

Rbphoto, looks like a fishing trip is due has been long overdue.

Native Fisher

Quote from: rbphoto on January 06, 2015, 22:17:29 PM
Oh, and there are few things that smell as bad, and linger as long in your clothing, truck or sinuses, as a paper mill.

Agree on the paper mill but another is a menhaden processing plant in the 1970s- 90's.  They have finally cleaned their act up some.  The whole area around the town of Reedville, VA stunk.

rbphoto

Quote from: Big J on January 07, 2015, 08:19:12 AM
Rbphoto, looks like a fishing trip is due has been long overdue.

Planning to go the last weekend of January.  Where will depend on Mike & the weather.
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

rbphoto

I am sitting at a bar drinking sweet tea because I have to go to a job site at 8pm.

FML

Dougfish

Vodka and tonics since 5 pm. Work at 8 am. Buck up.  :laugh:

rbphoto

Home now. 

Dark rum. 

4 fingers.

1st glass.

Wife is on call until 11 so I will be 3 sheets by then . . .

Dougfish

Dee-Vo

Have you placed anything there to attract the pileated to the stump? Or does it just like the stump?