News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Boone's Fork

Started by anothertroutbum, November 13, 2008, 18:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anothertroutbum

Does anybody fish there? I used to fish it often back in the '70's when I was a young cuss. It used to be full of stocked rainbows. I understand it is a catch and release stream now. Good for it!

Woolly Bugger

It's not what it use to be from what I understand...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

charflyfish

I tried it a summer ago and hiked all the way to the private area.  Not to good.  One brown that seemed like he was a  hundred years old in a tiny pocket.  Pretty area, just no fish to speak of.  The private area has monster pellet fed but they don't seem to move up !

anothertroutbum

Now I know its not worth the trip up there. Thanx.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: charflyfish on November 14, 2008, 17:17:07 PM
I tried it a summer ago and hiked all the way to the private area.  Not to good.  One brown that seemed like he was a  hundred years old in a tiny pocket.  Pretty area, just no fish to speak of.  The private area has monster pellet fed but they don't seem to move up !

not sure but there may be a fish barrier..
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

walt

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 18, 2008, 21:00:42 PM
Quote from: charflyfish on November 14, 2008, 17:17:07 PM

not sure but there may be a fish barrier..

the only barrier that i'm aware of is the dam at the parkway which forms price lake.

bf is a tough wintertime fish due to ice buildup on the rocks..... rough sledding.

there is a barrier of sorts lower down, private waters which are patrolled.

the summertime bikini hatch is spectacular  ;hb

before warren c. sold off all the acreage to the developers (twin rivers) and hightailed it to wv, it was a great place to fish. i still fish it at least once a year when i'm closeby at the foscoe house, this year's fish wasn't memorable but i have had some very memorable days on bf.

wally

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Trout Maharishi

Walt, I thought that was you ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

walt

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on November 19, 2008, 13:18:13 PM
Walt, I thought that was you ;D

in yer dreams, yer holiness  :angel:

wally, uggghhhh that's horrible.
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

charflyfish

It says everything that the jpeg has had zero views.  Restores my confidence in the sight.  That is one disturbing photo......

stonedfly17

Quote from: charflyfish on November 19, 2008, 21:07:50 PM
It says everything that the jpeg has had zero views.  Restores my confidence in the sight.  That is one disturbing photo......
Three now  ???. Guess the closet homos had to wait for the wife to leave the room...or maybe the other way around?  :o

Trout Maharishi

Tell the truth Walt, how many PM's have you gotten >:D ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

royal.wulff

I fished there this summer and i belive several had made it up from the private area.  It is a nice place if you don't mind hiking in a bit

walt

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on November 21, 2008, 15:26:46 PM
Tell the truth Walt, how many PM's have you gotten >:D ;D

tm, yer one sick puppy...... i admire that even though i seem to be the "butt" of this joke...

hey guys.... today is thanksgiving..... it is also

2 months smoke free

i'm on the psycho quit-smokin drug chantix. it's working for me but i can't wait until january to quit it.... it makes ya spacy as hell....

wally  ;hb
— Cormac McCarthy

anothertroutbum

Not far from the dam in a meadow (if it's still there) there is a brook no wider than a ditch. You can literally step across it. On hot summer days when I was camping up there and wanted a few to stink up a frying pan I used to start crawling about 50' to it and drop a Quill Gordon in there. The trout lined the undercuts of the brook and in a brief time you'd have your limit. These were brookies. Interesting thing is that you would have your trout when people were fishing everywhere else in the park and not catching anything. That's one reason why I never overlook small waters.