News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

I have a Concealment Express holster for my P365.  Gun is secure, but there is a little bit of wiggle to the gun when it is in the holster and the sweat guard is about a 1/5 of an inch short of covering the whole slide.  Think it helps sweat run into holster onto gun. Not a big deal, and probably a problem specific to the P365 run of holsters.

On that note though, Ryguy, make sure you keep her oiled up.  The mag release and sights like to rust up easy.  Wore the P365 while sweating outside once and didn't wipe it down when I got home, rust on the mag release button and sights when I took the gun out of the safe the next time.  Lots of reports of that being the case on the controls.  Wish they would of used stainless controls or a better finish, but oh well.  Good to practice proper maintenance anyways.  Never did have that issue with my Shield or LCP II and I never oiled them in between range sessions.

Let me know how you like the Vedder.  Never tried them out.

Phil

J, maybe look at these for breathability, comfort, retention, etc. I love mine.
https://www.blackarchholsters.com/products/protos-m

Big J

Quote from: Phil on September 12, 2018, 16:46:23 PM
J, maybe look at these for breathability, comfort, retention, etc. I love mine.
https://www.blackarchholsters.com/products/protos-m

Like the looks of that holster. May have to order one.

Grannyknot

Quote from: Big J on September 12, 2018, 15:47:17 PM
Gun is secure, but there is a little bit of wiggle to the gun when it is in the holster and the sweat guard is about a 1/5 of an inch short of covering the whole slide. 

Big J is out here measuring shits in fifths of an inch
5d chess

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Grannyknot on September 13, 2018, 14:42:53 PM
Quote from: Big J on September 12, 2018, 15:47:17 PM
Gun is secure, but there is a little bit of wiggle to the gun when it is in the holster and the sweat guard is about a 1/5 of an inch short of covering the whole slide. 

Big J is out here measuring shits in fifths of an inch

That is the protocol for a man with a 2 inch unit.  Not that I know J's true endowment, but that is what I heard from Doug. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Phil

(Somebody has to say it)
That's what she said....   /'/

ryguy

Couple photos of the Vedder.  Simple holster, think it works well for the 365.  I have an alien gear also, but not the shell for this gun.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big J

Put another 100 rds through the P365. Ate it all up, including some crappy remanufactured junk and some aluminum case ammo. Not bad for letting them rip at 10 yards.

Fun day. Ran 100 rds through the Ruger PC9 carbine too, had it jam once on the first mag, but ran good after that.

Phil

Good shootin' for a subcompact, J.

Phil

Got timed at the range today. 10 yards. Draw, fire 8 rounds in under 5 seconds, drop mag and put new one in, 7 rounds in 4 seconds. I missed body mass on the first round of the 2nd mag. Not enough in the center, though. Need more practice.

Big J

For ten yards drawing and mag dumping, that's not bad.  V:;

rbphoto

Quote from: Phil on October 18, 2018, 18:57:57 PM
Got timed at the range today. 10 yards. Draw, fire 8 rounds in under 5 seconds, drop mag and put new one in, 7 rounds in 4 seconds. I missed body mass on the first round of the 2nd mag. Not enough in the center, though. Need more practice.

I wouldn't want to be downrange. 

Nice shooting.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

rbphoto

I'm behind the times, as is typical, but I only this week got to take the rifle to the woods - in search of coyote not deer.

Sighting in was fun:

Starting point - 150 gr Hornady SST from the Rem 700 .30-06

That is a 2" target circle at 200yds.  Not bad to start.

Finished with this 5-shot group - look closely, that 5th one is on the black line at 7 o-clock to the orange target(flier on left is from sighting in 165gr in same rifle, bottom one is the .308)

Going after hogs tomorrow.

Fishing, or at least dreaming of fishing, while drinking beer on Sunday!
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Big J

Is that 5 shot group at 200 yards or 100 yards?  If that is a 100 yard group, that is really good.  If it is a 200 yard group, I'm going to ask what you did to the 700 to get those results.