News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Movie Thread.

Started by RiverbumCO, December 22, 2014, 19:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanjuanwormhatch

Big J

I don't watch many movies these days, but The Magnificent Seven was a good one.

NCsporksman

youtube.com/watch?v=ASU4wvY0CbE

I'm a history nerd so this was a pretty cool topic I wasn't keenly aware of, this isn't for everyone but it had everything for me, religious fanaticism, torture, funny Jap accents, existential crises, torture, Liam Neeson....

sanjuanwormhatch

troutfanatic

You beat me to the punch on that one.

Woolly Bugger

I just watched the film Mission Control based upon Go, Flight!: The Unsung Heroes of Mission Control, 1965-1992 (Outward Odyssey: A People's History of Spaceflight)

They were only taking cash for the book at the screenings so I had to pass on the signed copy.

Movie is available to screen on Amazon too.

Mission Control: The Unsung Heroes of Apollo

The movie was as captivating as Apollo 13...
I really enjoyed it. The author is from Yadkinville and there was a story about him in the WS Journal

http://www.journalnow.com/relishnow/books/yadkinville-writer-sees-book-project-hit-the-big-screen/article_1c9e8e50-01d7-59dc-980c-a71bd3504fd8.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

sanjuanwormhatch

I give a full throated endorsement of Long Strange Trip for the die hard, casual fan or just fan of music in general.  What an awesome time.  What an awesome band.   

Woolly Bugger

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

troutfanatic

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on June 08, 2017, 12:22:34 PM
I give a full throated endorsement of Long Strange Trip for the die hard, casual fan or just fan of music in general.  What an awesome time.  What an awesome band.   

I totally agree with you. The end is kind of depressing and there are some gaps, but it is well done.

Unrelated... If you are a military history buff, go see Dunkirk. It is very good. I really hate military themed flicks that are overloaded with special effects that lack realism and take liberties with History. I'd say this rates right up there with The Great Raid.

Dee-Vo

Wonder Woman
Kong
47 Meters Down
The Shallows
Get Out
The Infiltrator
Memento

Some new, some old. I liked Kong.

Woolly Bugger

I went to see Apes last Friday... is was moving along slowly and after an hour finally started to get interesting --- then a T-storm rolled through and knocked the power out --- don't think I can sit through it again--- will wait to stream it

me -There's a season?

Aka

Any of y'all planning to see Dunkirk? I'm usually not interested in war movies bc I don't think Hollywood does a very good job with them but this looks like it might be good.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 21, 2017, 06:55:09 AM
I went to see Apes last Friday... is was moving along slowly and after an hour finally started to get interesting --- then a T-storm rolled through and knocked the power out --- don't think I can sit through it again--- will wait to stream it

Almost went to see this a few nights ago. Never really been a big Apes fan.

rbphoto

Quote from: Aka on July 21, 2017, 07:49:27 AM
Any of y'all planning to see Dunkirk? I'm usually not interested in war movies bc I don't think Hollywood does a very good job with them but this looks like it might be good.

We plan to see it.

My wife is not one for war movies, but she wants to see it.

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

I'm going to see Dunkirk using my passes from the aborted ape screening --heard it is LOUD!

me -There's a season?