News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Weather 2015

Started by Onslow, February 22, 2015, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Precipitation rates that are being experienced in the upper Yadkin basin thus far this year are very strikingly similar to those years in the 2000s when severe droughts were experienced.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nc/nwis/uv?cb_00045=on&format=gif_default&site_no=02111000&period=&begin_date=2015-01-01&end_date=2015-02-22

This gage site receives on average ~52 inches of rainfall/year.

http://nc-climate.ncsu.edu/climateblog?id=119

Had hoped to do more trouting this Summer but it appears like the bass fishing will be epic if this trend continues.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I might heed this weather gal, but I be dammed if I will put any faith in the prognosis from you two buffoons, nor do I wish to discuss meteorological portents.

"Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative."  Oscar Wilde

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: troutfanatic on February 22, 2015, 11:52:15 AM
QuoteI be dammed if I will put any faith in the prognosis from you two buffoons, nor do I wish to discuss meteorological portents.

Then, why comment?

--- Just trying to get a nibble.  I thought I had PiW, but he threw the Green Weenie right at hand.  I should stop using those old rusty Mustads and/or get me one of those cool Casper the friendly ghost nets.

You folks have a great Sunday!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

ruttness

Quote from: troutfanatic on February 22, 2015, 11:52:15 AM
QuoteI be dammed if I will put any faith in the prognosis from you two buffoons, nor do I wish to discuss meteorological portents.

Then, why comment?

Snow melt has the water under his bridge too high

Michael Toris

Carp season could be incredible

NCsporksman

Onslow

Quote from: wildmttrout on February 22, 2015, 17:17:36 PM

Just purchased an Allen Kraken for my 8 wt..  I'm ready.

Transylwader

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on February 24, 2015, 11:48:02 AM
Quote from: wildmttrout on February 22, 2015, 17:17:36 PM

Just purchased an Allen Kraken for my 8 wt..  I'm ready.
I like dat reel. You getting the standard or the XLA? I tried the XLA last year on them drums. My gawd, it's sick!

Onslow

Dougfish

I don't guess I'll be fishing Little Stoney soon.  :o

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The Cascades.

Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on March 02, 2015, 07:03:03 AM
I don't guess I'll be fishing Little Stoney soon.  :o

The Cascades.

Hence why I went musky fishing Saturday. I wonder how some other streams in the area have held up.

Onslow

Jacob, you were born after the onset of Al Gore's global warming.  Colder winters than this used to be the norm.

Big J

NCsporksman

LOVE my Kraken Ken......just don't jack my steez and buy the dorado edition....I'll let you slang it Sunday, it can put the wheels to a River donk like nothin else 'c;

Onslow

Quote from: Big J on March 02, 2015, 08:07:21 AM
Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on March 02, 2015, 08:02:45 AM
Jacob, you were born after the onset of Al Gore's global warming.  Colder winters than this used to be the norm.

We are breaking record lows. 

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/lynchburg-cold-shatters-all-time-record-low/article_dd59d180-b904-11e4-ae67-7fb2f1cf7d4e.html

No all timers for NC.  Some of the daytime highs were impressively low but did not surpass what was experienced during the late 70s and early 80s.

My wife's deceased grandmother used to saw ice for the family ice house till 1929.  The 30s marked the beginning of a new era where such activities were no longer possible.

Her great great grandpa used to drag logs across the Yadkin during the winter freeze season.  This was the 1890s and there were few bridges.  I have yet to see the Yaddy even begin to freeze over.

The fish will be fine.  You worry too.much :D