News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Whorvis shit

Started by TroutMedic, May 15, 2016, 14:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TroutMedic

So found out I can get a discount on all Orvis shit. Thinking about getting the sonic guide waders and boa boots anyone have any advice on them? What is worth the $$$ at Orvis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolly Bugger

they say that helios 2 ain't a bad stick -0-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Got the waders and like them.  I guess the amount of your discount would have an effect on "are they worth it"  - One thing about Orvis is they stand behind they gear - even the stuff they import.

Dee-Vo

I've always heard great things about Orvis standing behind their gear. Never a negative comment.

The Boa System is neat. I've just been worried about the cable breaking or failing, and I'm unsure how tough it is to replace or re-lace or whatever you'd call it.

TroutMedic

50-60% discount I was quoted $212 for the waders ( silver sonic guide)

admiralburns

I have a friend who gets the discount and some free Orvis stuff and I end up with some of his old / extra gear. I have the Boas and they have been my best boots thus far, by far.  They are very convenient.  I have the Silver Sonic Guides coming, can't speak on them yet.   

jwgnc

Best waders I ever had  were from Orvis. 
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

tomato can

I have the silver sonic guides and love them.  I tried on a bunch and they were the best that I tried on.  I also have a superfine which is a great stick. 

Woolly Bugger

How do you find and patch pinholes in the sliversonics? Goretex you can spray with alcohol and find the pinholes but I don't know a way to find them in other breathables

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

WC68

Not sure about finding holes, but my Silver Sonics came with a patch kit. Some sort of glue and patch. Luckily I've never had to'use it. Mine are not the guide waders, but whatever the first iteration was when they first came out a few years ago. They've been great.